My political challenge to all of you

Adam

If you are a conservative- give me something you don't like about President Bush.

If you are liberal- give me something you like about him.

And I don't mean snide, sarcastic remarks. I dont believe in absolutes, and I dont think a President is all good or bad- maybe just a viewpoint, but I look forward to some well thought out responses.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Conservative who hates the "amnesty" he's proposing for illegal immigrants.  That's just off the top of my head.  I'm sure there'll be plenty others that pop up that I'll agree with.  Remember conservative does not equal Republican

613436[/snapback]

ok, I'll clarify it then- what do you like about him if you aren't one of his supporters, and what do you not like about him if you are a supporter

ok, I'll clarify it then- what do you like about him if you aren't one of his supporters, and what do you not like about him if you are a supporter

613509[/snapback]

Since I have been called both:

Like: The way he is dealing with the North Korea situation.

Don't Like: Spending. If you are going to cut taxes, cut spending. I know the president is not in charge of the money, but he could use a veto (at least one would be nice). He gave up too quickly on the Social Security thingy. The Democrats proved that they are not concerned with fixing the issue. Pressure them into at least providing a counter proposal so dialog can begin.

613509[/snapback]

Here's my "ribbon on a turd" response. I think he handled himself ok for a couple weeks after 9-11.

Since I have been called both:

Like: The way he is dealing with the North Korea situation.

Don't Like: Spending. If you are going to cut taxes, cut spending. I know the president is not in charge of the money, but he could use a veto (at least one would be nice). He gave up too quickly on the Social Security thingy. The Democrats proved that they are not concerned with fixing the issue. Pressure them into at least providing a counter proposal so dialog can begin.

613517[/snapback]

I thought you were simply a communist.

I don't support anybody, that said I consider myself mostly conservative. Which also makes my dislikes even more bizzare. I don't care for the religious right stance on personal issues. I think it detracts heavily from anything important domestic wise.

For the most part I am conservative, socially liberal on a couple issues. But his biggest weakness is is failure to take control of communication and really get his point across effective, and let people know at least generally what his plan is. He allows the press and libs to spin things and doesn't "stick up for himself or his people". He throws good ideas out, and seems to have a good long term plan, but he is horrible at selling the idea.

And at least he's never been accused of doing anything wrong on the board here.  It's always Darin and I...  :D

613582[/snapback]

You are responsible for all moderator actions, since you are no longer a moderator. :D

For the most part I am conservative, socially liberal on a couple issues.  But his biggest weakness is is failure to take control of communication and really get his point across effective, and let people know at least generally what his plan is.  He allows the press and libs to spin things and doesn't "stick up for himself or his people".  He throws good ideas out, and seems to have a good long term plan, but he is horrible at selling the idea.

613573[/snapback]

Bingo....couldnt have said it any better

Yeah, what's up with that? I try and I try, but nothing.  :D

613588[/snapback]

Bin Laden is probably very ambivilent about dogs:

"If someone keeps a dog neither for hunting, nor for guarding livestock, the reward (for his good deeds) will be reduced by two Qirats per day.""

Now if you are his lapdog, in a way you are stickin it to the !@#$er's afterlife :D

Anyhoo, I do think Bush has done a lot to prevent anti-muslim sentiment from turning violent domestically.

If you are a conservative- give me something you don't like about President Bush.

If you are liberal- give me something you like about him.

And I don't mean snide, sarcastic remarks. I dont believe in absolutes, and I dont think a President is all good or bad- maybe just a viewpoint, but I look forward to some well thought out responses.

613416[/snapback]

His hair. He has really good hair.

Seriously, I think he is genuinely loyal to his people. He is standing behind Rove even though that meant going back on his word about firing anyone who had anything to do with the Plame thing. I also think that he is probably a lot less callous than he is portrayed as when it comes to minorities whether you are talking about the poor, blacks, homosexuals, whatever. I also don't think he is a sexist at all though some might see his stance on abortion to represent a paternal view, I think it is more based on his religious views. He certainly respects women and their professional abilities. I also admire his habit of trying to make light of difficult situations with humor though it may lead to some embarassing moments here and there, I would rather have that than a sourpuss. His sense of humor isn't exactly at the JFK level but certainly way above people like Nixon and Gore. I think his committment to his faith is genuine, not a means to an end.

I'm a conservative who doesn't like that Bush has not curbed spending has apparently not manged the war (or expectations surrounding it) effectively.

Also, excellent point by VABills about failure to get his message out clearly. IMO, this has been a GOP problem going back to his father's administration.

p.s. are there any conservatives on this board (expect for the late RichinOhio) that haven't been critical of the President at various times?

p.s.  are there any conservatives on this board (expect for the late RichinOhio) that haven't been critical of the President at various times?

613661[/snapback]

Not according to Mickey. All conservatives on here have never said anything bad about Bush. It must be nice living in Mickeyland, where lies become reality.

I'm a conservative who doesn't like that Bush has not curbed spending has apparently not manged the war (or expectations surrounding it) effectively.

Also, excellent point by VABills about failure to get his message out clearly.  IMO, this has been a GOP problem going back to his father's administration.

p.s.  are there any conservatives on this board (expect for the late RichinOhio) that haven't been critical of the President at various times?

613661[/snapback]

Not that I can think of. "Regulars" anyway. I also vote for VA's comment but fault their secrecy for a lot of that.