Moulds rejects Bills restructure offer

Dan III

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What's amusing is that they may reject the Bills offer to restructure, take the Bills bonus money, and go sign somewhere for the minimum.  Like New England.  He'd be an absolute star in New England.

613343[/snapback]

If the Bills cut Moulds, they don't owe him any bonus...

I wasn't big on this before but if we cut moulds  I'm hoping on the vernon davis bandwagon.  I think evans is good enough to excell as a #1 receiver, as long as theres another presence around, and vernon davis has the ability to be a great te, in the class of gates and gonzalez.

613346[/snapback]

FWIW, hate to see Moulds go. I agree with the Davis thought. Definitely should grab him if we can. As for Evans as the only plausible WO threat, we're back to who to grab FA for a receiver. This stuff isn't easy, glad I don't have to figure it out.

Sure they do - that's why it's "guaranteed money."

613367[/snapback]

Most NFL contracts are NOT "guaranteed". He got a $5 million signing bonus when he restructured last year, so I think daninator is correct -- if they cut him loose now, he won't be getting any more $$$ from Ralph.

Sure they do - that's why it's "guaranteed money."

613367[/snapback]

He got most of that money 5 years ago when he signed, and some when he restructured last year, cash, all at once. There may be a roster bonus that is due, but I don't think so. He won't get anything from the Bills. He just won't get his $6.089,000 salary due.

I think this a good PR move by Levy. If Moulds doesn't re-structure, even the crazies can't cry about keeping him at $10m per year. An effort was made by the Bills. Who is going to give Moulds more than a couple million a year for 2 or 3 years? He's a solid player I'd like to keep around but any reasonable person would come to the conclusion that he's ridiculously over-paid at his current figure.

He got most of that money 5 years ago when he signed, and some when he restructured last year, cash, all at once. There may be a roster bonus that is due, but I don't think so. He won't get anything from the Bills. He just won't get his $6.089,000 salary due.

613376[/snapback]

Per Clump, he had 3 possible bonuses coming this year:
Reporting bonus: $1 million (likely due at start of training camp)

Work out bonus: $100,000

Pro Bowl bonus: $200,000 (NLTBE)

$$$ he'll never get now (see Ruben Brown).

So Moulds agent and the Bills front office are finally talking, and Henderson rejects the Bills' first offer - does that mean it's all over?

No more talks - the Bills just release Moulds? No attempts to work a trade before the draft, or continue negotiating during the free agency period, which doesn't end until July?

I thought Marv said they wanted to try and keep Moulds, if possible.

Per Clump, he had 3 possible bonuses coming this year:

$$$ he'll never get now (see Ruben Brown).

613381[/snapback]

Thanks. I should have looked up the Clumpster's page. He's certainly not getting the pro bowl bonus. :D And we're really not saving anything that hasn't been reported I would believe, meaning those bonuses were likely included in the figuring of what we would have to pay him as a cap figure of 10+ mil (6+ mil sal, 1+ mil bonus, approximately 3 mil amortized bonus he already got). Versus cutting him and only having to count the 5-6 mil on the cap left on the bonus money already paid for 2006 and 2007) Thereby saving the 5 or so mil on the cap this year. Ya falla? :D

So Moulds agent and the Bills front office are finally talking, and Henderson rejects the Bills' first offer - does that mean it's all over? 

No more talks - the Bills just release Moulds?  No attempts to work a trade before the draft, or continue negotiating during the free agency period, which doesn't end until July?

I thought Marv said they wanted to try and keep Moulds, if possible.

613389[/snapback]

I'm seeing a rumor on the Zone that the CBA is almost settled & the new cap will be $112M. :D That seems very high to me, but if that pans out, I'd keep him another year.

I'm seeing a rumor on the Zone that the CBA is almost settled & the new cap will be $112M.  :D That seems very high to me, but if that pans out, I'd keep him another year.

613393[/snapback]

It has long been reported that if they make the CBA deal before the deadline, the cap would jump to at least 110 mil vs the 92-95 mil it is at now. But that means everyone is going to have a lot more money to sign their guys or guys we may want.