Best Sausage ever.....

taterhill

Perish the thought.  Who gave you that crazy idea?!?

Unfortunately, I am not a seafood person.  Go figure since I split time growing up in Florida and Hawaii.

I have lead a full life...

613439[/snapback]

Where at in Hawaii? I used to live on the beach in Ewa Beach, on Hapalua Street.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have been north of you in Mililani Town.  My dad was in the AF.

613444[/snapback]

A lot of people talk about island fever and what not, I'd love to go back. When I retired out of the Army, I went to work for a company in Honolulu for a while. Did a lot of outer island stuff. Love Maui. I'd schedule whatever I could for a Friday AM, and we'd spend the weekend where we could, fly Aloha Scare on Monday AM for the ride back.

Good times. It's a lot different when you live there, as opposed to being a tourist.

A lot of people talk about island fever and what not, I'd love to go back. When I retired out of the Army, I went to work for a company in Honolulu for a while. Did a lot of outer island stuff. Love Maui. I'd schedule whatever I could for a Friday AM, and we'd spend the weekend where we could, fly Aloha Scare on Monday AM for the ride back.

Good times. It's a lot different when you live there, as opposed to being a tourist.

613455[/snapback]

I am with you. I would love to go back and see what all has changed since I was last there (quite a long time ago). I would also love to take my wife along since she has never been.

Maui, and the Big Island were way cool. I know I have been Kuai, but I can't remember much of it.

While you were there, did you ever learn to speak pidgeon talk?

I am with you. I would love to go back and see what all has changed since I was last there (quite a long time ago).  I would also love to take my wife along since she has never been.

Maui, and the Big Island were way cool.  I know I have been Kuai, but I can't remember much of it.

While you were there, did you ever learn to speak pidgeon talk?

613460[/snapback]

Not in the same sense as south pacific pidgeon, like in the Solomons or something. I never heard that myself in the Islands, more a combination of native Hawaiian and English, like any other place. With a portugese tint. I think there are a few posters who live there now, they'd probably know better.

I will tell you that does sound good.  What cheeses do you use and do you lay out the proscuitto out in thin layers? 

Mozarella, parmegian, smoked gouda, and ricotta are required. The fifth is supposed to be gorgonzola...but the wife's allergic to blue cheeses, and I'm still looking for the perfect substitute.

And no, I don't lay the proscuitto out in thin layers. I'm no pro...but I'm not stupid, either.

And yes, I'm trying to make you over confident before I kick your ass.

613370[/snapback]

I'm not worried. After all, you can't even make retatta properly...

I'm also a fully certified nuclear weapons targeting analyst, among other things, so eat it and like it. If you're going to vote.

613425[/snapback]

Yeah, I still remember how that guy from East Virginia voted against you in the last contest...

Mozarella, parmegian, smoked gouda, and ricotta are required.  The fifth is supposed to be gorgonzola...but the wife's allergic to blue cheeses, and I'm still looking for the perfect substitute.

613551[/snapback]

Try a goat cheese. You'll get some of the sharpness of a blue cheese withouth the big insurance payoff.