LAMP- off to England on Thursday!

Pete

I am taking March off and backpacking all around England, Scotland, and Ireland! I will be in Dublin for St Patricks day and plan on doing lots of boozing, debauchery, and try and squeeze in some cultural stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions or must sees? I would appreciate any travel tips

I have drank so much Absinthe before- I will definatley have some if I come across it.  Its really cool the way you drink it with the sugar and the flame- good times

613139[/snapback]

Any visits from the little green fairy?? :D

I am taking March off and backpacking all around England, Scotland, and Ireland!  I will be in Dublin for St Patricks day and plan on doing lots of boozing, debauchery, and try and squeeze in some cultural stuff.  Does anyone have any suggestions or must sees?  I would appreciate any travel tips

613113[/snapback]

Prolly something your already doing, but in London take any of a number of walking tours. Any hotel will have a big brouchure of all the walking tours, when their offered, times, meeting palces etc. Well worth the five pounds to get to know some of the meighborhoods in London.Think the two best were Marlybone and Kensigton tour.

Also in London, the imperial war museum is awesome, the war Cabinet rooms are pretty cool, and the London transport museum at Covent Garden is pretty cool as well. Also, if ya get a chance, go to one of the horse race meetings. Little pricey, but definetly an enjoyable afternoon.

Just a quick tip about tips. If yer in a pub and sitting at the bar and the bartender is serving you, no tip expected. But if yer sitting down and a server is bringing you drinks, tip expected.

Oh yea, bring LOTS of money. Everything there pretty much pound for dollar, so if something costs $2.50 here, expect to pay 2 pound 25 there, only exchange rate is killer right now.

I am taking March off and backpacking all around England, Scotland, and Ireland!  I will be in Dublin for St Patricks day and plan on doing lots of boozing, debauchery, and try and squeeze in some cultural stuff.  Does anyone have any suggestions or must sees?  I would appreciate any travel tips

613113[/snapback]

enjoy the fun of being a soccer hooligan by smashing open some skulls!

613113[/snapback]

Breathtaking....Dont miss it.

http://www.lakehotel.com/ringofkerry.htm

You lucky sod! It would be great if you could meet up with Nick and some of the Brit Bills Fans!

614051[/snapback]

You told me you hated the British, why the sudden change? :lol:

I would definitely look up Nick if the shoe were on my foot. My guess is he'll hook you up with a fine time.

613113[/snapback]

What do you do for a living that allows you to take a month off?

Prolly something your already doing, but in London take any of a number of walking tours.

We took a "Jack the Ripper" walking tour, and it was REALLY good. I don't remember who did the tour, but it was some guy who has written a book or two about the subject. Very knowledgable, great stories, and it was a great night to walk around London. Highly recommended.

I'd recommend seeing the Crown Jewels as well, although you have to get there early before it gets crowded. We were one of the first people in, so were able to walk around them several times. Very cool.

If you're into castles and stuff and have a lot of money burning a hole in your pocket, I can highly recommend spending a night or two in Amberley Castle:

http://www.amberleycastle.co.uk/

The dinners are *AMAZING,* the rooms are cool, there's only like 15-20 rooms in the whole grounds so it's peaceful. It was absolutely wonderful! Be sure to have some moeny on you to call them from the train station... We didn't know the number, so started walking and it wasn't fun.... :D

CW