U Want Grady Jackson?

Frez

From KFFL

Packers | G. Jackson's wants $5 million per season

Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:36:39 -0800

Jason Wilde, of the Wisconsin State Journal, reports Green Bay Packers DL Grady Jackson's new agent, Angelo Wright, believes Jackson deserves a contract averaging $5 million per season. Wright said, "If (the Packers) pay him fair market value, he'll come back. In Grady's case, yeah, he can get in better shape and improve on some things, which we have addressed and he's working on now. But when you look at the good two-gap guys or the nose tackles that are effective, they're the older guys who know how to play and know how to compete." Jackson, eligible for free agency March 3, hired Wright after firing his former agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

:rolleyes: Angelo's got the market cornered on Phat DT's, wonder if he gets Ngata too.

612220[/snapback]

so true!! it seems as if for the last decade, if you can play the 2-gap, angelo wright is your agent. he's an annoying guy, but all the same he's always been right about his guys (especially vis a vis the bills -- washington, pat williams).

that's why i've found it so strange that this board has been so pro "sign grady jackson" this year after being so con "resign pat williams" last year - the money and age aern't that different......

i'd much rather have a younger DT like pickett or triplett in the fold.....

that's why i've found it so strange that this board has been so pro "sign grady jackson" this year after being so con "resign pat williams" last year - the money and age aern't that different......

i'd much rather have a younger DT like pickett or triplett in the fold.....

612707[/snapback]

Well Pickett thinks he's worth a lengthy deal worth about $20 million dollars, so be prepared to pay for his mediocore ability