Redskins trying to get rid of Patrick Ramsey

Lori

I don't really like to choose from the basement.

Jennings might as well wear a skirt.  Bledsoe is like a racehorse who looks good in the starting gate but has his blinders too far forward so he can see crap.  His Madden passing cone should be a line about the size of 20 pound test.

612211[/snapback]

I think that Jennings is a very talented player who loves the cash and lacks the desire.

As for Drew, he certainly has his faults, but I am thinking that when all is said and done, Losman and Holcomb combined will have about 25% of the lifetime stats of Bledsoe, this if they are very lucky and stay healthy.

We are talking about a kid who was handed the job for simply no reason and a 10 year scrub, are we not?

I think that Jennings is a very talented player who loves the cash and lacks the desire.

As for Drew, he certainly has his faults, but I am thinking that when all is said and done, Losman and Holcomb combined will have about 25% of the lifetime stats of Bledsoe, this if they are very lucky and stay healthy.

We are talking about a kid who was handed the job for simply no reason and a 10 year scrub, are we not?

612219[/snapback]

I'll agree with you on Jennings and I'll add that he'll never be an important member of a winning NFL team.

I don't care about Drew's stats and you know that. The fact that Losman was handed the job is only a factor because the offensive players who are considered the leaders of this team are so weak. Newflash, idiots: teams who draft QBs in the first round hand them the job on a silver platter. It's always been that way and it always will. Drew was lucky enough to join a coaching staff that had Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick, not Mike friggin' Mularkey and Jerry fuggin' Gray.

I'll agree with you on Jennings and I'll add that he'll never be an important member of a winning NFL team.

I don't care about Drew's stats and you know that.  The fact that Losman was handed the job is only a factor because the offensive players who are considered the leaders of this team are so weak.  Newflash, idiots:  teams who draft QBs in the first round hand them the job on a silver platter.  It's always been that way and it always will.  Drew was lucky enough to join a coaching staff that had Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick, not Mike friggin' Mularkey and Jerry fuggin' Gray.

612222[/snapback]

If you are making a case that a qb can only succeed if he is drafted by a good coaching staff, said case is weak, and even stupid.

Losman came in and sucked. He was hated by his fellow players, and there were some negative comments from at least one teammate at Tulane to boot.

You may certainly disregard stats as you choose, but JP's were God awful. You have refused to make a prediction in other conversations, but I will ask you once again to tell us how you feel that JP will fare as an NFL QB over the course of his career?

You can go out on a limb. It's ok, it's only us TBD posters. :D

Bill, how can you still be playing the Bledsoe angle? Did you watch any of his games toward the end of the season? That's his m.o......start quick and get everyone excited, by mid-season he's hot and cold, and then come crunch time he's throwing picks to the Burger King. I've let got of defending TD, I think it's time some of you guys let go of the Bledsoe myth.....cause that's all he'll ever be.

Bill, how can you still be playing the Bledsoe angle? Did you watch any of his games toward the end of the season? That's his m.o......start quick and get everyone excited, by mid-season he's hot and cold, and then come crunch time he's throwing picks to the Burger King. I've let got of defending TD, I think it's time some of you guys let go of the Bledsoe myth.....cause that's all he'll ever be.

612234[/snapback]

My point is not really to defend Bledsoe. I make the contention that in 05 we let go of 3 good players and replaced them with 5 scrubs.

If you are making a case that a qb can only succeed if he is drafted by a good coaching staff, said case is weak, and even stupid.

I know of one team that won the SB with a below average head coach - Barry Switzer's Cowboys. You feel free to name me the rookie QB who developed into a good pro with coaching as bad as the Bills have had the last two seasons. I'm all ears.

Losman came in and sucked. He was hated by his fellow players, and there were some negative comments from at least one teammate at Tulane to boot.

Let me pretend I'm surprised that a group of underachievers found someone or something else to blame for their continued failures. As far as negative comments from his college teammates, I could care less about that. I've never played on a team that didn't have jealousy, hatred, jerks, etc. Human nature.

You may certainly disregard stats as you choose, but JP's were God awful. You have refused to make a prediction in other conversations, but I will ask you once again to tell us how you feel that JP will fare as an NFL QB over the course of his career?

You can go out on a limb. It's ok, it's only us TBD posters.  :D

612230[/snapback]

Grow up. I'm not going to make a prediction because I don't know if he'll ever be surrounded by the talent required to have success in the NFL, both on the sidelines and on the field. I vividly remember everyone calling rookie Terry Bradshaw stupid and young Brett Favre being traded. I'm not sure why a prediction matters so much to you, other than so later down the road you can say "I told you so" - which is utter bull sh-- because it's a hell of alot easier to predict a QB won't be great than it is to go the other direction.

Losman has the physical tools to be a good/great NFL QB. Whether he develops into that isn't entirely up to him.

My point is not really to defend Bledsoe. I make the contention that in 05 we let go of 3 good players and replaced them with 5 scrubs.

612236[/snapback]

I see....well do you really think that having those players back would have made all that much difference? I don't....the team was just in too much disarray....I'm tired of trying to figure out who is most to blame, so I just blame everyone....including myself lol. That season is over...we've got one of our legends back to help us out, we have a coach who HOPEFULLY will show that he's better than his reputation lets on....and we've got a good spot in the draft to find an impact player or three. I just think last year we were pretty much screwed from the get-go. If I had to pick any single event, I'd probalby look at Spikes going down as the turning point....but whatever....it's over. Hell with it.

Agreed. He's somebody else's reclamation project, not ours. (Hell, our M.O. the last few seasons has been to turn QBs into reclamation projects, not the other way around...)

612136[/snapback]

If he is released by the Redskins, which wouldn't be surprising given their cap situation and I think they agreed to trade or release him, I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills pick him up. Losman has shown me less than Ramsey has.

I know of one team that won the SB with a below average head coach - Barry Switzer's Cowboys.  You feel free to name me the rookie QB who developed into a good pro with coaching as bad as the Bills have had the last two seasons.  I'm all ears.

Let me pretend I'm surprised that a group of underachievers found someone or something else to blame for their continued failures.  As far as negative comments from his college teammates, I could care less about that.  I've never played on a team that didn't have jealousy, hatred, jerks, etc.  Human nature.

Grow up.  I'm not going to make a prediction because I don't know if he'll ever be surrounded by the talent required to have success in the NFL, both on the sidelines and on the field.  I vividly remember everyone calling rookie Terry Bradshaw stupid and young Brett Favre being traded.  I'm not sure why a prediction matters so much to you, other than so later down the road you can say "I told you so" - which is utter bull sh-- because it's a hell of alot easier to predict a QB won't be great than it is to go the other direction. 

Losman has the physical tools to be a good/great NFL QB.  Whether he develops into that isn't entirely up to him.

612237[/snapback]

>>>>You feel free to name me the rookie QB who developed into a good pro with coaching as bad as the Bills have had the last two seasons. I'm all ears.<<<<

Without looking it up, who was coaching Tampa when they drafted Steve Young? I'm not sure who was coaching the Colts when they drafted Manning, nor who was in Cincy in 03 when they took Palmer. Seriously, were there great coaching staffs in place?

Again, I didn't look this up, and I am only going with 1st round picks. Did I misunderstand your question?

As for "having the talent," imo RJ had more and we know what happened there.

If you don't care to make predictions on a fan message board, certainly that is up to you. That is a good method of never being "wrong."

One thing about which you are very sadly mistaken:

>>>>I'm not sure why a prediction matters so much to you, other than so later down the road you can say "I told you so" - which is utter bull sh-- because it's a hell of alot easier to predict a QB won't be great than it is to go the other direction.<<<<

This is just not true. I ask your opinion because you and I were alive to see some of the all-time greats. You saw the mega-talents (Bert Jones, Elway, etc) and the guys who made it with less God-gifted ability (Stabler, Griese, etc.)

I asked you your prediction on JP because I respect your opinion.

Take it easy, OK? :D:D

Could the Bills have even AFFORDED to keep more than 1 of them?

612242[/snapback]

That's a good question too, I don't even know.....based on what SF and Minn paid Jennings and Pat, that's a LOT of green.....I dunno, I just think last year was a mess...top to bottom. I still get sick in my stomach thinking about it.

If he is released by the Redskins, which wouldn't be surprising given their cap situation and I think they agreed to trade or release him, I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills pick him up.  Losman has shown me less than Ramsey has.

612243[/snapback]

Only if the Bills also hire a team psychiatrist.

(Come to think of it, that wouldn't be a bad idea anyway...) :D

Without looking it up, who was coaching Tampa when they drafted Steve Young? I'm not sure who was coaching the Colts when they drafted Manning, nor who was in Cincy in 03 when they took Palmer. Seriously, were there great coaching staffs in place?

Leeman Bennett was coaching the Bucs. He didn't develop Young, he ran him out of town and Bill Walsh/George Seifert (probably the best coaches of the era).

I wouldn't compare Losman's situation with Palmer's either. Significantly better OLine, better receivers, and a runningback who plays hard every down. He's only played games since Marvin Lewis took over.

Again, I didn't look this up, and I am only going with 1st round picks. Did I misunderstand your question?

I think you probably did because you made my point for me.

As for "having the talent," imo RJ had more and we know what happened there.

If you don't care to make predictions on a fan message board, certainly that is up to you. That is a good method of never being "wrong."

I don't think Johnson had more talent, nor do I think he was capable of learning anything new. He was the same player everywhere else. Losman was a different player when he came back after being benched. It's just too bad the team is so screwed up.

One thing about which you are very sadly mistaken:

This is just not true. I ask your opinion because you and I were alive to see some of the all-time greats. You saw the mega-talents (Bert Jones, Elway, etc) and the guys who made it with less God-gifted ability (Stabler, Griese, etc.)

I asked you your prediction on JP because I respect your opinion.

Take it easy, OK?  :D  :D

612248[/snapback]

I can't say because the eras are so different. Until we put together a cohesive offensive line with a scheme that has some sense to it, it's not going to matter who takes the snaps - they're going to be miserable.

My personal opinion? TD didn't ignore the OL, he just did a mediocre job of rebuilding what was already a mediocre pass-blocking line when he got here. The starters at the end of the JB/Wade Phillips era:

Marcus Spriggs - Jamie Nails - Jerry Ostroski - Ruben Brown - John Fina.

Donahoe drafted a first-day OT in each of his first two drafts. He signed veteran FAs (Teague, Marcus Price, Villarrial, Bennie *cough* Anderson.) I'll give TD credit for trying, but I can't argue with the results (or lack thereof).

612163[/snapback]

Here's a theory or three for you:

What if MW had developed (instead of regressed) and been able to fill the LT spot last year after Jennings was sent packing?

What if Bennie Anderson had been vaguely versatile and the switch to the left side wasn't a disaster? He was a fair RG (road grader) in Baltimore...

Gandy has shown some ability to play both sides and both inside and out in his career, so he and CV might hold down the right side well. That still leaves Trey "Speedbump" Teague at center. Well, I guess you can't have everything.

What if the offense really had been 3 yards and a cloud of turf? (Instead of whatever it was Mulchokey was doing.) Anderson, Williams, Villariel, and Gandy seem to be semi-capable of lunging ahead a few yards on paper.

But the key phrase here is "on paper". The reality was so starkly different from the fantasy, that it's clear TD blew it up and down the line.

5 tubs of goo < an OL.

He was hated by his fellow players, and there were some negative comments from at least one teammate at Tulane to boot.

You can go out on a limb. It's ok, it's only us TBD posters.  :D

612230[/snapback]

Where did THIS come from? My info is that his fellow players at Tulane LOVED him...although I believe there was a negative comment or two from one player.

As for the Bills, I've never heard that he wasn't liked by his teammates.

...except Moulds, is has one foot out the door.

612908[/snapback]

I never heard that Moulds hated him (or even didn't like him) as a teammate...just that he thought Holcomb should start...and, of course, that JP threw to Lee more than he threw to EM. But, that's a far cry from someone not liking him as a teammate or as a person.