Redskins trying to get rid of Patrick Ramsey

Lori

ESPN: Pasquarelli

Surprising, I know. :D

They were originally hoping to trade him for a second- or third-rounder. Now they're just trying to get anything for him, instead of having to release him.

Wonder how the kid would've turned out if Steve "We don't need no steenkin' passblockers" Spurrier hadn't messed him up?

ESPN: Pasquarelli

Surprising, I know.  :D

They were originally hoping to trade him for a second- or third-rounder. Now they're just trying to get anything for him, instead of having to release him.

Wonder how the kid would've turned out if Steve "We don't need no steenkin' passblockers" Spurrier hadn't messed him up?

612049[/snapback]

And how did Spurrier mess him up? By not handing the job over to a rookie he didn't want to draft in the first place? Seems to me that Spurrier turned out to be correct in hindsight. Gibbs clearly didn't like him from day one.

And how did Spurrier mess him up?  By not handing the job over to a rookie he didn't want to draft in the first place?  Seems to me that Spurrier turned out to be correct in hindsight.  Gibbs clearly didn't like him from day one.

By damn near getting him -- and everybody else Stevie Superior tried at QB during his disastrous run at Redskin Park -- damn near killed in the "Fun-'N'-Gun" offense. Remember when Buddy Ryan renamed the run-and-shoot the "Chuck and Duck"? Newsflash, Ballcoach: this is the NFL, not the SEC. Teams blitz until you stop 'em. Spurrier never seemed to have gotten that memo.

JMO.

By damn near getting him -- and everybody else Stevie Superior tried at QB during his disastrous run at Redskin Park -- damn near killed in the "Fun-'N'-Gun" offense. Remember when Buddy Ryan renamed the run-and-shoot the "Chuck and Duck"? Newsflash, Ballcoach: this is the NFL, not the SEC. Teams blitz until you stop 'em. Spurrier never seemed to have gotten that memo.

JMO.

612094[/snapback]

Dead nutz, as usual. Ramsey took some colossal shots when Spurrier was there. Ruined his confidence before he had a chance to grow into an NFL Qb. Doubt he ever gets it back but you never know.

All I know is that there a lot of people in the DC area going "YAHOO", if that tells you anything.

612087[/snapback]

No doubt they view him much as we remember RJ. I happen to think he had potential once upon a time, before the beatings commenced... now, who knows?

No doubt they view him much as we remember RJ. I happen to think he had potential once upon a time, before the beatings commenced... now, who knows?

612110[/snapback]

They are fans like anyone else. I think Ramsey had potential too, but "sort of knowledgeable" fans are concerned with what are you doing for me now. I have come to work many a Monday, and the first thing heard in the halls was "fuggin Ramsey". That said, I also believe that a true professional doesn't permanently lose their confidence over one set of circumstances.

Plus, not everyone is as stoic, patient and cynical as a Bills fan. I don't think I'd take a chance on Ramsey right now, or any working #1 or #2 or #3 QB. If we need a 3, get a place holder, not another controversy. I don't even want to think about QB right now. Ole Marv has bigger fish to fry. Look at a QB in 2007. Get an 8-8 season in 2006, and sort it out from there.

I don't think I'd take a chance on Ramsey right now, or any working #1 or #2 or #3 QB. If we need a 3, get a place holder, not another controversy. I don't even want to think about QB right now. Ole Marv has bigger fish to fry. Look at a QB in 2007. Get an 8-8 season in 2006, and sort it out from there.

612120[/snapback]

Agreed. He's somebody else's reclamation project, not ours. (Hell, our M.O. the last few seasons has been to turn QBs into reclamation projects, not the other way around...)

Agreed. He's somebody else's reclamation project, not ours. (Hell, our M.O. the last few seasons has been to turn QBs into reclamation projects, not the other way around...)

612136[/snapback]

I love you for your realism. Think 8-8 is too hopeful?

Didn't TD share the Old Ball Coach's opinion that you don't need lineman in the NFL?

My personal opinion? TD didn't ignore the OL, he just did a mediocre job of rebuilding what was already a mediocre pass-blocking line when he got here. The starters at the end of the JB/Wade Phillips era:

Marcus Spriggs - Jamie Nails - Jerry Ostroski - Ruben Brown - John Fina.

Fina was a Polian holdover nearing the end of his career. In eight drafts as GM, Brown, Corey Louchiey, and Robert Hicks were Butler's only first-day OL picks. (Guess one out of three ain't bad. :D )

Without looking it up, Joe Panos is the only veteran FA I can remember JB bringing in... and I spent two or three unenjoyable seasons trying to defend him on TSW before the Bills finally dumped him.

Donahoe drafted a first-day OT in each of his first two drafts. He signed veteran FAs (Teague, Marcus Price, Villarrial, Bennie *cough* Anderson.) I'll give TD credit for trying, but I can't argue with the results (or lack thereof).

------------------------------------

GoBiB: after the way last season ended? 8-8 would be decent progress. But between the front office/coaching shakeup and the roster movement yet to come, I don't have a friggin' clue what this team is going to look like in September. Your guess is as good as mine...

GoBiB: after the way last season ended? 8-8 would be decent progress. But between the front office/coaching shakeup and the roster movement yet to come, I don't have a friggin' clue what this team is going to look like in September. Your guess is as good as mine...

Welcome to my world.

Welcome to my world.

612168[/snapback]

At one of the Booster Club meetings last spring, Channel 4 sportscaster Paul Peck told us all the offseason uncertainty - losing Drew and PhatPat, trading Henry, planning to start JP - actually had him anticipating the beginning of the season, 'excited' to see what would happen.

(Yup, that's the word he used. Got it in my notes.)

I've thought about e-mailing him to ask if he now has a different definition for 'exciting'.... :D

At one of the Booster Club meetings last spring, Channel 4 sportscaster Paul Peck told us all the offseason uncertainty - losing Drew and PhatPat, trading Henry, planning to start JP - actually had him anticipating the beginning of the season, 'excited' to see what would happen.

(Yup, that's the word he used. Got it in my notes.)

I've thought about e-mailing him to ask if he now has a different definition for 'exciting'....  :D

612179[/snapback]

I have higher hopes for this season.

Last year, we got rid of 3 guys who could play....Jennings, Bledsoe and P. Williams. Their replacements? Gandy, Losman/Holcomb, and Anderson/Bannan........5 scrubs.

Sorry, but it is true. :doh:

I contend that for the price, or in any event, it might be tough to do worse than M. Williams or Moulds, especially when including effort, attitude and cap space into the equation. One is gone, the other, we can only hope.

The time is now to rebuild this football team. We have an extra early 3rd, and with a few good picks, our future could look bright. I would rather go after young talent than long for the days when Moulds was a productive player, and not an overpaid, disruptive malcontent.

We should build now for 07, when we will be unshackled from the cap ball and chain that is locked upon us by these two losers. Again, now is the time imo. A good free agent or 2 and a good draft and we are on our way! :D

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think so? I would take any one of them, let alone any two over the sorry combination of Mike Williams and Eric Moulds. How about you?  :D

612202[/snapback]

I don't really like to choose from the basement.

Jennings might as well wear a skirt. Bledsoe is like a racehorse who looks good in the starting gate but has his blinders too far forward so he can see crap. His Madden passing cone should be a line about the size of 20 pound test.