Broderick Bunckley

Stl Bills

Whoa, that's a sheeeat load.....I hate the fact that NFL Network was taken from me.....bastards! I loved watching the combine stuff last year :D

Leif Larsen?

Behold the power of Leif.

611981[/snapback]

That's him!

He's not working at the local Burger King.

The bench press don't impress me for NFL players. You can't bring the bench press on the field. I have seen how they do their reps and it is sloppy. They bouce the bar off their chest and do 3/4 reps.

The Bills drafted a DT a few years back that did something like 53 reps. He had some goofy name, can't think of it right now. I think he holds the all time record.

611980[/snapback]

Actually the all time record is 45, set by Kudla, this morning...see above.

Yeah, that was impressive.  Unfortunatly #8 is too early to take him, and he wont be available in round 2.

However, I wouldnt mind taking a look at kudla in round 3 or 4 (if he lasts that long)

611982[/snapback]

Would you take Freeny at #8?

If the guy is going to be the next John Randell or something, its never too early to draft him.

this is impressive to me because myself i wasnt looking at him as an option for the Bills. I felt he was on the smaller side and we needed someone bigger. But i guess he can handle the bigger lineman now, i have to take a stronger look at him, but i agree that he wont be there a=in the second round anyway.

Would you take Freeny at #8?

If the guy is going to be the next John Randell or something, its never too early to draft him.

No. I wouldnt have. It was a gutsy (and good) pick for the colts. However, they probably would have been better served trading down 5-10 slots and taking him then. Hard to argue with the pick now, but at the time it was a very suspect pick.

That's him!

He's not working at the local Burger King.

The bench press don't impress me for NFL players. You can't bring the bench press on the field. I have seen how they do their reps and it is sloppy. They bouce the bar off their chest and do 3/4 reps.

611983[/snapback]

i saw the footage of the reps on TV. they were quick but not really sloppy and he didn't really bridge or get too much of a bounce.

in the probowl the NFL guys do half reps, in the combine they have to lock them all out.

this guy with 44 had a fairly narrow grip and did 44 reps with VERY long arms.

at 308, thick and very lean for a DT, along with being a good player from a big time school he might be the kind of guy who would really rush the passer well from the middle.

miami used to have those two tackles (bowens and that other guy, can't remember his name) who were strong as oxes and not super sloppy. they could both stuff the pile and play 1 gap or get up field.

i like this kid, perticulalry if we are in a cover 2 with some decent secondary

did 44 reps with VERY long arms.

Most people don't realize that there is a huge difference in a squat body bench pressing versus a taller person. Pat Kirwin was talking about the bench press on Sirius the other day and mentioned that of al the tests it was the one he paid the least attention to. His comment was something along the lines of "I don't particularly care how much weight a guy can move when he's lying on his back & not moving."