Cut list

Mile High

What's sick here is Fat Mike is the 4th highest paid non-QB on that list. Behind Derrick Brooks, LaVar Arrington, and Brad Hopkins -- all three of those guys actually being Pro Bowl capable players.

Chad Pennington would cost $12M is dead cap?!? :D Herm Edwards picked a pretty good time to leave a sinking ship.

Two names stand out to me:

(1) Mike Green, S, Chicago

(2) Billy Volek, QB, Tenn

If Mike Green is cut, Marv should get him signed ASAP. Talk about a guy who has a knack of being around the ball. The guy showed it at Nebraska in college and continues to show it in the NFL. All he does is make plays.

As far as Billy Volek is concerned, I recall that his agent came out several months after he resigned with the Titans (rather than signing with Buffalo) and saying that Billy regretted not signing with the Bills. Billy really wanted (wants) to be a starter and he realized that he would have had that if he had signed with Buffalo. In hindsight, if he would signed with the Bills, we would have not traded to get JP and who knows how our last 2 drafts would have looked. TD might still be in the driver's seat.

Two names stand out to me:

(1) Mike Green, S, Chicago

(2) Billy Volek, QB, Tenn

If Mike Green is cut, Marv should get him signed ASAP.  Talk about a guy who has a knack of being around the ball.  The guy showed it at Nebraska in college and continues to show it in the NFL.  All he does is make plays.

As far as Billy Volek is concerned, I recall that his agent came out several months after he resigned with the Titans (rather than signing with Buffalo) and saying that Billy regretted not signing with the Bills.  Billy really wanted (wants) to be a starter and he realized that he would have had that if he had signed with Buffalo.  In hindsight, if he would signed with the Bills, we would have not traded to get JP and who knows how our last 2 drafts would have looked.  TD might still be in the driver's seat.

611996[/snapback]

Also for Mike Green, remember the Jauron connection. That cant hurt.