No paycut means Moulds wants to be cut

HelloNewman

Lets face it.....Moulds will be let go which is exactly what he wants.....he can talk all he wants about wanting to stay here but actions speak louder than words. Since he wants to win and at his age his chances are running out he is fleeing a sinking ship up here. A lot can be said about Mike Williams too for that matter. Would you want ot stay in a toxic environment in your job????

Lets face it.....Moulds will be let go which is exactly what he wants.....he can talk all he wants about wanting to stay here but actions speak louder than words.  Since he wants to win and at his age his chances are running out he is fleeing a sinking ship up here.  A lot can be said about Mike Williams too for that matter.  Would you want ot stay in a toxic environment in your job????

611767[/snapback]

His play didn't exactly look like the play of someone that wants to win.

Question: If you leave a toxic environment that you helped create, who benefits most?

The original post was right about Moulds - he wants out, no question about it. However the point about Williams is dead-wrong... the guy is an unmotivated loser who squandered a ton of opportunities to prove himself. I mean they gave him every single benefit of the doubt for three years, and he gave back nothing in return. A shame.

How do you guys know Moulds wants out? His agent just recently said the Bills haven't contacted them about a RESTRUCTURE of his contract. They said as long as it's fair on BOTH sides he'd like to stay a Bill. I don't see why all the animosity towards EMO...he's been a dedicated player in Buffalo his entire career and isn't close to being done yet.

How do you guys know Moulds wants out? His agent just recently said the Bills haven't contacted them about a RESTRUCTURE of his contract. They said as long as it's fair on BOTH sides he'd like to stay a Bill. I don't see why all the animosity towards EMO...he's been a dedicated player in Buffalo is entire career and isn't close to being done yet.

611895[/snapback]

Well said.

Yeah, somone comes to you and says "i want you to keep doing your job, in fact, try to do it better...but I need to cut your salary in half...if you agree to it"

What are you going to do? Laugh?

Even if you thought you could never make that much money again at another place of employment, its in your best interest to play hardball. This is what EM is doing, and I cant blame him for it one bit.

Does he want to go elsewhere? I dont know, nobody here does either. It seems to make sense he might want to, but we cant know without him telling us.

I'd like him back one more year. We have too many holes to fill as is, and dont need to add WR to the list of holes. The money we are going to save on releasing EM is gong to be eaten up by another WR. I just assume we keep EM at his current salary and deal with it next season.

Look at it this way: Does it help your bargaining power, your desire to get what you want, your career, your family or yourself to say to the press "I am willing to take a pay cut and play for Buffalo because I like it there and want to stay?"

Even if that is what you truly believe, I say no, it hurts you. It hurts you bad in every way, except the almost useless element of briefly endearing yourself to some of that team's fans (and hurts with just as many fans of another team if it doesn't work out because they will say stupid things like "he wants to be in Buffalo, he doesn't even want to be here").

It gives the Bills leverage against you in negotiations. It starts your negotiating point at a much lower level, so when you inevitably give in a little, you are at a lower point in the end. It hurts when you go out to other teams, who may not think your heart is in their colors instead of the Bills. It hurts your agent and his relationship with his other clients. It hurts your standing among other players, especially at your position, because they are all for every WR getting as much as they can because it helps them down the line.

It's just plain bad business to NOT say, at this point, in public, what his agent said.

Jimbob is right on...We need him at least one more year.

611908[/snapback]

I've always liked Moulds. I like his skills. I feel bad for him in that he has been with Buffalo for what largely has been a rough stretch for the team.

In 2005, he had an opportunity to truly become a team leader and help out a new QB. This would have been role reversal and in a way repay the older Bills he credits for his own development. Instead he chose to complain about how the QB was handed the job and get into "office" politics. This involved pulling himself from a game in which the same QB threw 3 1st quarter touchdowns against our most hated rival. All of this despite the fact that reports have stated he had a Drew Bledsoe doll that he stuck pins in. Who is good enough at QB for Eric? Someone who throws every ball to him?

If Moulds decides (he still can) to be a team leader during this time of turnover and help along the "new Bills", and the team excels, he will certainly be remembered as one of the greatest Bills ever. If he continues do display his 2005 attitude, I hope he leaves.

I just assume we keep EM at his current salary and deal with it next season.

611902[/snapback]

That is exactly what to do. Our O will be anemic without him, and we're not going to find anybody with close to his ability. It seems as though we have the capspace to do this, and Marv always has the philosophy of keeping players.

He is still a great athlete, and in the right offense can catch 100 passes for 1200 or more yards.  He makes Evans more effective. 

Not worth that cap figure, though.  I think he would be a star in KC, and I hope he does not end up in New England.

612078[/snapback]

Oh, sure, he's gone but what if Banks at Sports Illustrated is right, and there just isn't much movement during Free Agency? At any rate, you can't blame EM for wanting to work with a qb who's going to get him the ball.

Yeah, somone comes to you and says "i want you to keep doing your job, in fact, try to do it better...but I need to cut your salary in half...if you agree to it"

What are you going to do?  Laugh?

Even if you thought you could never make that much money again at another place of employment, its in your best interest to play hardball.  This is what EM is doing, and I cant blame him for it one bit.

Does he want to go elsewhere?  I dont know, nobody here does either.  It seems to make sense he might want to, but we cant know without him telling us. 

I'd like him back one more year.  We have too many holes to fill as is, and dont need to add WR to the list of holes.  The money we are going to save on releasing EM is gong to be eaten up by another WR.  I just assume we keep EM at his current salary and deal with it next season.

611902[/snapback]

Agreed. He is 32 which is not close to too old for a guy in great shape. Even if Moulds has another poor season at 81 catches and 810 yards, name another guy that we can sign that can put up those numbers and is as good. With the exception of T.O. who we will not sign, there are none even available (waiting for Jimmy Smith to possibly get cut makes no sense either -old and would would at least 3 million). Period. While past performance does not guarantee future results unless Moulds is injured if we try to get him the ball he can and will catch 80-95 balls.

Try to restructure Moulds including trying to cut overall pay (not all lowered salary going to new bonus) and keep him this year and try to make it possible to keep him next year as well.

The problem is that some of you are not looking at the totality of this picture. All you see is the large cap # on moulds and the 5 mil we can save cutting him.

You have to also realize that IF we cut moulds, we need another WR. Another WR is going to come with a 3-4 mil cap hit this season, negating most of the "savings".

So for a 1M savings, you get another WR who has to learn the offense, more changes for a growing quarterback, lose a fan favorite player and uncertainty of performance.

Keep EM. At least for one more year. Then deal with it.

The problem is that some of you are not looking at the totality of this picture. All you see is the large cap # on moulds and the 5 mil we can save cutting him.

You have to also realize that IF we cut moulds, we need another WR.  Another WR is going to come with a 3-4 mil cap hit this season, negating most of the "savings".

So for a 1M savings, you get another WR who has to learn the offense, more changes for a growing quarterback, lose a fan favorite player and uncertainty of performance.

Keep EM.  At least for one more year.  Then deal with it.

612389[/snapback]

Not to mention the $1M savings may very well a greater loss in total offensive production, if that is possible from last year. Unforunately, I believe it is.