Hey Marv! Smaller Quicker D Linemen

I hate it when Marv starts talking about going smaller for the DL Does anyone remember Dallas' OL pushing our DL around.

Marv get big men who can stay in shape!

611741[/snapback]

Do you remember the size of Dallas' DL? It was rather small but the key is they had excellent depth and could rotate guys in and out keeping them fresh etc.

Guest BackInDaDay
Do you remember the size of Dallas' DL? It was rather small but the key is they had excellent depth and could rotate guys in and out keeping them fresh etc.

611772[/snapback]

True, but the key to those Johnson defenses was the overall speed in which his guys got to their assignments. Ken Norton Jr. (LB), who I think won SB rings with both Dallas and SF, was a very underated defender.

Guest BackInDaDay
The difference also is that the Bills' smaller DL back then was in a 3-4 alignment, which meant 3 DL at the LOS.  The cover-2 will be a (I assume) 4-3 alignment with 4 DL at the LOS, making it harder to run against.

611781[/snapback]

I think yours is a safe assumption, and we'd better get a pass rush from that front 4. Jauron and Levy will prune and plant, and hopefully by opening day, have the personnel required to run the TampaBay Cover-2.

Another year, another system. :D