Norm Chow on Reggie Bush

Chilly

Link

One of the most interesting comments about Bush came from former USC offensive coordinator Norm Chow. Chow said he believes Bush has the ability to be successful in the NFL, but added that he will have plenty of significant hurdles to clear.

"They're huge," Chow said. "Pass protection, blocking, running pass routes. He's played in a good system with a good staff, but the speed of the game – they're all going to be as fast as he is, you know?"

Also, the article says Vince Young's stock is faling.

Hopefully he'll fall right to us. Okay, everyone flame me away for that. :D

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Link

Hopefully he'll fall right to us.  Okay, everyone flame me away for that.  :D

611475[/snapback]

Cool. Then we can have yet another QB without a halfway decent line to block for him...

no way in hell that levy picks up vince young with the first pick. That will be a trade down pick or a O or D line pick. Vince Young could change his name to Jesus Christ and grow a beard and Levy will still pass on the guy. It's time to rebuild this team from the trenches out and to play their hand at QB.

Link

Hopefully he'll fall right to us.  Okay, everyone flame me away for that.  :D

611475[/snapback]

Its falling because it does a qb no good to have a rocket for an arm and absolutely no clue where the sonuvabitch is headed. The infatuation with his speed and agility will wear thin...hopefully the Jests draft him because this kid is going to be a a huge bust as a qb. Could be a wideout though

I'd pick Young if he was there in the 6th.  He's a project but he might be a good wideout in a couple of seasons.

611493[/snapback]

BINGO! been saying this for months now.

Its falling because it does a qb no good to have a rocket for an arm and absolutely no clue where the sonuvabitch is headed. The infatuation with his speed and agility will wear thin...hopefully the Jests draft him because this kid is going to be a a huge bust as a qb. Could be a wideout though

611521[/snapback]

I've been saying it for over a year. Terrific athlete. Terrible NFL QB.

611521[/snapback]

Seriously??? I respect your opinion and I guess you could knock him for a weird throwing motion, but his accuracy??? Check this out:

Name G ATT COM PCT YDS YDS/ATT YDS/G INT TD

Vince Young 13 325 212 65.2 3036 9.3 233.5 10 26

Yeah, I guess he didn't complete 70% of his passes, what a bum. :D I love it how a guy like Cutler, who never won a bowl game or even had a WINNING SEASON, is starting to get perceive as a better qb. People try to out think themselves at times. Young is a winner and has won big games. But then again this are probably the same people who thought Ryan Leaf was gonna be a better pro than Manning. :lol:

Seriously???  I respect your opinion and I guess you could knock him for a weird throwing motion, but his accuracy???  Check this out:

Vince Young  13 325 212 65.2 3036 9.3 233.5 10 26

Yeah, I guess he didn't complete 70% of his passes, what a bum.  :D  I love it how a guy like Cutler, who never won a bowl game or even had a WINNING SEASON, is starting to get perceive as a better qb.  People try to out think themselves at times.  Young is a winner and has won big games.  But then again this are probably the same people who thought Ryan Leaf was gonna be a better pro than Manning.  :lol:

611537[/snapback]

More proof that statistics don't always tell the story.

Tony Rice won big games in college too.

I've been saying it for over a year.  Terrific athlete.  Terrible NFL QB.

611525[/snapback]

Seriously???  I respect your opinion and I guess you could knock him for a weird throwing motion, but his accuracy???  Check this out:

Vince Young  13 325 212 65.2 3036 9.3 233.5 10 26

Yeah, I guess he didn't complete 70% of his passes, what a bum.  :D   I love it how a guy like Cutler, who never won a bowl game or even had a WINNING SEASON, is starting to get perceive as a better qb.  People try to out think themselves at times.  Young is a winner and has won big games.  But then again this are probably the same people who thought Ryan Leaf was gonna be a better pro than Manning.  :lol:

611537[/snapback]

UL Lafayette and Rice both had staunch defenses and the Big 12 was solid this year :lol: . Numbers lie. Did you watch him in the games against decent defenses? Oklahoma State made him look like a JV Qb in terms of passing. He had to run to win, and when has a runnnig QB ever won jack sh-- in the NFL? His athleticism will not get him by in the NFL (see VICK, Michael). Everyone in the NFL is as fast as VY, and DC's won't have to scheme the whole defense to stop his running which results in open receivers and EASY targets to hit (watch the rose bowl, there weren't defenders within 5 yards on most of his completions). Vince is one of the best athletes i've ever watched in college, but even the worst teams in the NFL don't equate to UL Lafayette, this league will eat up his terrible decision making and his inability to be accurate with any pass rush on him, plus look at Vick, a run first qb = injured, and these reasons are why his stock is falling in the eyes of NFL scouts even if its not in eyes of internet talent gurus like you. The rose bowl caused infatuation but it's wearing off now because the simple fact is running qbs do not win championships in the NFL.

More proof that statistics don't always tell the story.

Tony Rice won big games in college too.

611538[/snapback]

Point taken. I just look at Young and don't care what his stats are. I don't see how anyone could have watched him play against USC and Ohio State and see the way he led his team to game-winning drives and question his ability (run-on sentence I know). He is a winner in my eyes and any team will regret passing on him. I also hate that he gets label an "athlete" because he is able to scramble. Matt Jones was an athlete last year because he wasn't as good of a passer. Plus, he teams didn't win. Young is a playmaker and will be a good pro qb, trust me. :D

UL Lafayette and Rice both had staunch defenses and the Big 12 was solid this year  :D . Numbers lie. Did you watch him in the games against decent defenses? Oklahoma State made him look like a JV Qb in terms of passing. He had to run to win, and when has a runnnig QB ever won jack sh-- in the NFL? His athleticism will not get him by in the NFL (see VICK, Michael). Everyone in the NFL is as fast as VY, and DC's won't have to scheme the whole defense to stop his running which results in open receivers and EASY targets to hit (watch the rose bowl, there weren't defenders within 5 yards on most of his completions). Vince is one of the best athletes i've ever watched in college, but even the worst teams in the NFL don't equate to UL Lafayette, this league will eat up his terrible decision making and his inability to be accurate with any pass rush on him, plus look at Vick, a run first qb = injured, and these reasons are why his stock is falling in the eyes of NFL scouts even if its not in eyes of internet talent gurus like you. The rose bowl caused infatuation but it's wearing off now because the simple fact is running qbs do not win championships in the NFL.

611545[/snapback]

You mean like Ohio State and USC??? :lol: And if you remember the Ohio State game, he won with his arm because they gameplanned to keep him in the pocket. And he throw for 3,000 yards this year and they weren't all dump offs. As being an internet guru, thank you for the comment. And if you don't think NFL gms don't mess up, apparently you haven't watched the Bills for the last 5 years. :lol:

Point taken.  I just look at Young and don't care what his stats are.  I don't see how anyone could have watched him play against USC and Ohio State and see the way he led his team to game-winning drives and question his ability (run-on sentence I know).  He is a winner in my eyes and any team will regret passing on him.  I also hate that he gets label an "athlete" because he is able to scramble.  Matt Jones was an athlete last year because he wasn't as good of a passer.  Plus, he teams didn't win.  Young is a playmaker and will be a good pro qb, trust me.  :D

611546[/snapback]

He's going to end up broken into lotsa little pieces and the team that wastes a high pick on him is going to be very sorry. Trust me.

I wouldn't compare Young to Jones because their situations aren't the same. Texas was loaded and played a pretty easy schedule. I'd love to have seen a matchup with OSU at the end of the season, instead of opening weekend. I have a feeling it would have been alot different.