???  

54 members have voted

1. 1. ???

• M. Huff
    • J. Williams
    • H. Ngata
    • V. Davis
    • Other

If we lose Adams you have to take Ngata here, I don't agree with this guy at billszone at all. Hutchinson isn't even franchised, he is Seattle tansition player (although were not going to get him, just sayin). OK so lets say according to this guys plan we address all our DL issues through Free agency to better fit the cover 2 (easier said than done). Best case scenario: we land someone like Tripplett or Picket (neither of who are really that good)...then your left with Tripplett/Picket, Edwards (resign), Anderson, a mid/late round draft pick. No thanks, with Adams gone I want to address DT.

i like their opening line we pray for mario hawke or the brick....and why cant we tradeup?

611467[/snapback]

We can't trade up because it will cost us as at least a second round pick (probably more) and this team has a ton of holes to fill.

Now obviously a lot of this will change due to FA, but I truly believe that the Raiders will select Haloti Ngata one pick ahead of us, now that they have the #7 spot.

If thats the case and we keep the #8 pick, we should probably take Michael Huff. And I hate saying that because it means ignoring the O-Line and the D-Line in the first round again...but none of the other prospects are worth such a high selection. Winston Justice is a damn good O-Lineman, but he is kind of troubled in terms of personal problems and he played RT in college. Peters looks to be a damn good RT, so picking him would kind of be worthless. And the 2nd best DT is up for grabs really, there is a bunch of them that all seem to be decent, but not dominating like Ngata.

The only plus side to losing out on Ngata and keeping the #8 pick is getting Huff though, he's a down-to-earth kid, huge playmaker, great attitude. Plus, he can play either Safety or CB, so we have some options with him.

I think the point is moot though because I feel by having the Bills sitting at #8, one pick above Detroit who could easily take Jay Cutler...the Bills could be fielding a LOT of trade-down offers from teams looking to get their hands on him.

Now obviously a lot of this will change due to FA, but I truly believe that the Raiders will select Haloti Ngata one pick ahead of us, now that they have the #7 spot. 

If thats the case and we keep the #8 pick, we should probably take Michael Huff.  And I hate saying that because it means ignoring the O-Line and the D-Line in the first round again...but none of the other prospects are worth such a high selection.  Winston Justice is a damn good O-Lineman, but he is kind of troubled in terms of personal problems and he played RT in college.  Peters looks to be a damn good RT, so picking him would kind of be worthless.  And the 2nd best DT is up for grabs really, there is a bunch of them that all seem to be decent, but not dominating like Ngata.

The only plus side to losing out on Ngata and keeping the #8 pick is getting Huff though, he's a down-to-earth kid, huge playmaker, great attitude.  Plus, he can play either Safety or CB, so we have some options with him. 

I think the point is moot though because I feel by having the Bills sitting at #8, one pick above Detroit who could easily take Jay Cutler...the Bills could be fielding a LOT of trade-down offers from teams looking to get their hands on him.

611508[/snapback]

If we don't get Ngata I sure as hell don't want to waste a pick on Gabe Watson in the second. I wouldn't mind trading down and getting someone like Justice if it would come with an extra 2nd round pick.

Assuming Bush, Leinart, and Young are top 7, for us not to get one of Ngata, Hawk, Brick, or Super Mario, those four have to be the exact players filling out the top seven and nobody else. If one other player gets into the top seven, we get Ngata, Brick or Super Mario (or Hawk, but I see him higher, and don't really want LB help). So the real question is will anybody else slide into the top 7? Or will we be stuck with those seven gone, and need to get Huff or trade down, or reach for somebody else who isn't a top 8 pick.

If Cutler moves into a top 7 (Jets or a trade), we are looking good. Ditto for Huff, White, or anybody else. I still consider trading up for the right deal if it means Brick or Mario. I wouldn't trade up for Ngata, who I don't think will be better right away than Sam Adams, and is worth an 8 pick, but not an 8 pick and extra picks needed to trade up.

Edit: I've been watching some combine coverage, and hear more and more that Cutler will be taken before 8 (good news for the Bills), some people saying top 5 or even top 3.

Edit: I've been watching some combine coverage, and hear more and more that Cutler will be taken before 8 (good news for the Bills), some people saying top 5 or even top 3.

611631[/snapback]

As said in another thread, Cutler's rise could cause Young's stock to fall. Though in looking over the 1st Round I can only say I see Detroit, Arizona, Miami and KC as potenital suitors for Young that draft after us and don't really think any would trade up to get him.