Should Mularky be responsible

shadowdog69

If the NFL has now admitted missing the call on the TH touchdown, than y wasn't the play challenged? I unfortunatly was on the road and had to listen to the game on the radio, so if this play could have been overturned, how close did it look? I mean, this is a key point in the game, why was it not challenged?

It would've more than likely been ruled "inconclusive". As posted earlier, it's highly doubtful that that call is overturned in Oakland.

Agreed.

Dollars to doughnuts they would have pulled out the old "forward progress was stopped" before he extended the ball.

Agreed.

Dollars to doughnuts they would have pulled out the old "forward progress was stopped" before he extended the ball.

44625[/snapback]

Yep, exactly right. Only I thought the play was similar to when Ricky Williams scored against us in that Sunday night game last year. Of course, then it was a touchdown. Then again, we didn't deserve to win that game, and we didn't deserve to win on Sunday either.

Sure the buck stops with the HC whether he did something correctly or incorrectly he should or shouldn't have done.

It appears from my vantage point that it appears doubtful that even if MM had challenged the Henry call, that the replay gave the conclusive proof the rule requires (though the rule is inconsistently applied by the refs) necessary to reverse the call on the field.

Hindsight is of course 20/20 but I doubt that a challenge by him here would have made the difference as it is unlikely the cll would have been reversed and even if it was the Bills still need to win the rest of the game (which given the other ref errors some of which could not be challenged and our own misfires was in grave doubt).

Still regardless of why the result happens he gets to much of the credit and too much of the blame. In terms of reality, blaming him for this to the some of some coaching change or lacking faith that he and the TEAM will take the lesson from this and not make themselves sugbject to the luck of the refs seems way too early to do.

What did the NFL see after the game that couldn't be seen on the replays during the game? Same tapes. What's up Mularkey? Explain yourself. Mularkey has shown me nothing at all so far. Where's the genius hiding?

Sure the buck stops with the HC whether he did something correctly or incorrectly he should or shouldn't have done.

It appears from my vantage point that it appears doubtful that even if MM had challenged the Henry call, that the replay gave the conclusive proof the rule requires (though the rule is inconsistently applied by the refs) necessary to reverse the call on the field.

Hindsight is of course 20/20 but I doubt that a challenge by him here would have made the difference as it is unlikely the cll would have been reversed and even if it was the Bills still need to win the rest of the game (which given the other ref errors some of which could not be challenged and our own misfires was in grave doubt).

Still regardless of why the result happens he gets to much of the credit and too much of the blame.  In terms of reality, blaming him for this to the some of some coaching change or lacking faith that he and the TEAM will take the lesson from this and not make themselves sugbject to the luck of the refs seems way too early to do.

44684[/snapback]

I agree that the initial call had a snow balls chance of reversal at the time. From the replays I saw, I was left only with the feeling, "damn Travis change those spikes". Hadn't he tripped or slipped, he would have scored as was posted on this board elsewhere. All his power was lost in the "slip", which seemed to be a problem for him all day long. Maybe Travis is another of those "turf" backs only.