Canada Men Win Gold, U.S.A Bronze

millbank

Uusipaavalniemi ticked a guard in front of the house with his final shot, leaving Gushue an open draw for seven . Gushue was heavy and put last shot through the house, but that mattered little at that point.

( say that mans name five times fast :lol: )

- Canada 10 - Finland 4

Curling

Congrats to Canada! I've always enjoyed watching it. Lots of strategy...

610771[/snapback]

I am with you Cincy. My girlfriend was making fun of me for watching it the other night but I can't help it. I feel like curling would make a great bar sport.

I am with you Cincy. My girlfriend was making fun of me for watching it the other night but I can't help it. I feel like curling would make a great bar sport.

610795[/snapback]

Shuffleboard? :lol:

I remember a bunch of gin mills in Buffalo that had great elevated shuffleboards - beautiful heavy maplewood things, a can of rosin, heavy chromed pucks pitched by hand - 10, 12, 16 feet long. I imagine they are pretty much gone now - they took up a lot of space, and things like video golf, poker, etc. are big moneymakers - but the shuffleboard tables were free!

Shuffleboard?  :lol:

I remember a bunch of gin mills in Buffalo that had great elevated shuffleboards - beautiful heavy maplewood things, a can of rosin, heavy chromed pucks pitched by hand - 10, 12, 16 feet long. I imagine they are pretty much gone now - they took up a lot of space, and things like video golf, poker, etc. are big moneymakers - but the shuffleboard tables were free!

610829[/snapback]

Like This?

I was watching the SWE-SUI women's match last night. Good stuff. Especially when you go to an extra end and the match goes down to the last rock. I have to say that I enjoyed it. I still do not understand all of the terminology, but it was fun to watch. My wife also liked what little she saw of it.

Anyone that is interested tomorrow, "The Tournament of Hearts" begins in London Ontario, this the Ladies Championship

Tournament of Hearts

and then March 11 , the Brier begins from Regina, Saskatchewan. There are many area's that enjoy Curling , but this area folks are most avid , Curling history is rich about games and persona's from this area.

The Brier

-game is not for everyone, but given a chance it can be a great deal of fun and most interesting... :lol:

Shuffleboard?  :lol:

610829[/snapback]

I feel like the combination of Ice, Heavy Stones, and Booze would be a lot of fun.