Bills cap situation not as good as thought

PromoTheRobot

Poor Levy. Of the teams with cap room, the Bills are the lowest, with only $4 million worth. Remember, that's about what they will need for the rookie pool. They might have to release Eric Moulds, Lawyer Milloy or Sam Adams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=2342210&type=story

I thought we were in better shape?

PTR

Poor Levy. Of the teams with cap room, the Bills are the lowest, with only $4 million worth. Remember, that's about what they will need for the rookie pool. They might have to release Eric Moulds, Lawyer Milloy or Sam Adams.

PTR

610608[/snapback]

All of the contracts are so complex thats its rather hard to keep track of who makes what. So much incentive based stuff, that I doubt even TD knew what he was going to pay half of his players.

PTR

610608[/snapback]

I believe that article was after Nate was tagged (which ate up a lot of free cap space) but before MW was dumped (freed more space back up).

I believe that article was after Nate was tagged (which ate up a lot of free cap space) but before MW was dumped (freed more space back up).

610613[/snapback]

That was the one thing that bugged me about peoples take on TD. Kept saying he managed the cap well, but he had to restructure Moulds and Big Mike last year just to get UNDER, all on a piss poor team. We`are paying for that with bigger dead money this year.

Phoeey on TD, still screwing us!!!!!!

That was the one thing that bugged me about peoples take on TD. Kept saying he managed the cap well, but he had to restructure Moulds and Big Mike last year just to get UNDER, all on a piss poor team. We`are paying for that with bigger dead money this year.

Phoeey on TD, still screwing us!!!!!!

610623[/snapback]

MW refused to restructure...

MW refused to restructure...

610631[/snapback]

According to Levy, that wasn't the issue...

'Williams balked at a pay cut last offseason, but Levy said that was not an issue this time. Williams would have received a $600,000 bonus if he was still on the roster March 3 and was due an additional $3 million July 1.

"It just didn't seem like a very viable thing that could get done," Levy said, "so we didn't go there." '

Bills cut Williams...

Seems like Marv didn't think it was even worth going through the motions on restructuring.

According to Levy, that wasn't the issue...

'Williams balked at a pay cut last offseason, but Levy said that was not an issue this time. Williams would have received a $600,000 bonus if he was still on the roster March 3 and was due an additional $3 million July 1.

"It just didn't seem like a very viable thing that could get done," Levy said, "so we didn't go there." '

Bills cut Williams...

Seems like Marv didn't think it was even worth going through the motions on restructuring.

610640[/snapback]

Correct. My post was to rebut plenzmd1's claim that TD had to restructure EM & MW to get under the cap last year. :lol:

Correct. My post was to rebut plenzmd1's claim that TD had to restructure EM & MW to get under the cap last year. :D

610663[/snapback]

But they weren't even trying to restructure MW. They were trying to renegotiate the contract. Big difference...you should know that. :lol: