Ricky owes Dolphins 8.6 Million!!

Like A Mofo

Arbitrator: Williams owes Dolphins $8.6M 

Arbitrator Richard Bloch rules RB Ricky Williams owes the Dolphins $8.6 million in the wake of his retirement just before the start of camp, an NFL spokesman says.

44572[/snapback]

RW's agent: Hey, Ricky...they ruled you owe the team $8.6 million for quitting.

RW: Who quit? I was on sabbatical. I'll be in tomorrow. You got any Doritos?

so, how could the dolphins get some of the money that the saints paid him???

its all a bunch of BS, and they wont see a dime. there just doing it cus their mad that a very good player on their team desided to retire early. whens the last time a player retired, and the team says... hey, you owe us money. wtf. ive heard of players returning money, but never a team saying you owe us money.

Ok, let's figure this out.

A typical "8th" of good weed (and I assume Ricky only smokes the good stuff) costs about $50 in south Florida.

Thats for 1/8th of an ounce. Thus, we can do some quick math (under the wrong assumption, but easier to figure out assumption, that you do not get a discount for buying larger quantities).

Ok, So, a full ounce would cost $50 x 8, or $400. Thus, a pound would cost 16 x $400, or $6,400.

He owes 8.6Million. $8,600,000/$6,400 = 1343.75 pounds.

So, Rickey owes the Dolphins 1343.75 pounds.

Now, this may come as a surprise to you, BUT, production per cow in the 22 major milk producing states averaged 1,343 pounds in February, 1996*.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

* http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/reports/na...96/mkpr0396.txt

Here's an interesting spin on the Ricky caper.

With that mess of an OL and no QB, maybe Ricky has some underlying motives.

Although that 1 year suspension is still troublesome.

Williams Could Be Free Agent

Read Full Article at http://www.charlotte.com

The Dolphins might win the right to collect $8.6 million from retired running back Ricky Williams, but lose the rights to him in the process.

A Miami bankruptcy attorney and a former agent both said Thursday that if Williams were to file bankruptcy he could become a free agent, and the Dolphins could end up with nothing from Williams but a small percentage of the $8.6 million the Dolphins are seeking. Miami would be unable to keep him on the team or even trade him in the future.

Miami attorney Jim Fierberg went so far as to call the strategy "brilliant."

"It's a pretty fascinating way for him to get free agency," Fierberg said. "I like that idea, but it's not without risk."

The risk is that Williams might lose all assets except one of his Florida homes. But he might lose that anyway if the Dolphins get the right to seize his assets.

Scott Helfand, a former agent who once represented Dolphins punter Reggie Roby, went so far as to suggest the idea to Bruce Tollner, one of Williams' agents.

"I talked to Bruce Wednesday night and, when I told him, he was shocked," said Helfand, who used the idea of a bankruptcy filing in 1993 to encourage the Dolphins to cut Roby. "He said he was going to call the NFL Players Association right away."

Tollner, a partner of agent Leigh Steinberg, declined to comment on the possibility of a bankruptcy filing. However, he said that his agency is "considering all the options."

The Dolphins and NFLPA attorney Richard Berthelsen also declined to comment.

There might not be too many options if the Dolphins continue on their current path. The NFL and Dolphins received an expedited hearing Tuesday in front of arbitrator Richard Bloch.

Bloch said he expects to reach a ruling by Monday or Tuesday on the rights of the Dolphins to enforce the clauses in their contract with Williams.

Those clauses allow the team to recoup the $8.6 million, including $5.3 million in incentives paid the past two years and $3.3 million in remaining prorated signing bonus paid by New Orleans in 1999.

In this case, however, Williams might be able to at least get out of what now is an onerous contract situation. Aside from having to possibly repay the Dolphins, Williams is under contract for another three years, two of those years at potentially minimum salary.

In the 1993 Roby situation, at least one member of the Dolphins' front office wanted to fight Roby in bankruptcy court. But after doing research, coach Don Shula decided to waive Roby.

Helfand said the Dolphins "freaked" when he and Kaspar approached them about releasing or trading Roby because filing for bankruptcy was an option for them.

"From what I understand, they got on the phone with the NFL right away and it was a concern league-wide because it would obviously be a bad precedent for the league," he said.