Flogging a deceased equine...

eball

Hmm...four consecutive one-goal losses...outshooting Finland but giving up four goals on only 25 shots...think the US team wishes they could have had Miller in net?

Very disappointing.

608942[/snapback]

The thing that gets me is not so much the goaltending crapout, but the selection process, there seemed to be no particular organizing priniciple to address the international game.

What was Tchuchck -12 for the tourney, and Hatcher and Chelios don't exactly put the fear of the lord into you with speed either.

Go Finland.

The thing that gets me is not so much the goaltending crapout, but the selection process, there seemed to be no particular organizing priniciple to address the international game.

What was Tchuchck -12 for the tourney, and Hatcher and Chelios don't exactly put the fear of the lord into you with speed either.

Go Finland.

608949[/snapback]

All true...but the fact remains that the US were in every game, and it's clear that goaltending was the one glaring weakness.

Honestly, I don't care who was in net. Team USA didn't play smart and it cost them. They also didn't play with the passion needed until it was too late. Had they played like they did that final period with the exception of some bad penalties, they'd have competed for a medal.

Oh btw...Canada played the same way with a lot more talent. So I wouldn't feel too bad.

And Chelios played his ass off today. He tried so hard. He earned his 'C.'

What was Tchuchck -12 for the tourney,

608949[/snapback]

I'm so freaking sick of seeing that lazy-assed, pinheaded, big-mouthed, sh---for-brains wearing a stars and stripes sweater.

Then to see Laviolette giving him all kinds of ice while a fast, skilled finisher like Gionta languishes on the bench for most of the day drove me freakng nuts.

This team wasn't as bad as their record, but they could have been good enough to play in the medal round with just a couple tweaks. Whoever runs the US program for CanadaCup or the next Olympics needs to make a definitive move toward a younger, more dynamic roster. I like Chelios and Dougie Weight, but they're both starting to show their age and guys like Tkachuck, Guerin and Modano bring nothing to this team. Even Rolston looked like he had his head in the clouds all day. It's time to stop paying homage to these guys who've helped in the past and turn this program over to guys who can help in the future.

Cya

P.S. Real props to teh Cole/Drury/Knuble line who were the best line on the ice in every game I saw

Check the avatar/title. That's all I'm sayin'.

609782[/snapback]

The US definitely screwed up by not bringing in Miller, but I don't think the squad will have to worry too much about getting relegated to the B pool in the future. Miller and DiPietro are only 25 and should have their best hockey still ahead of them.

The 2nd pick overall in this year's draft, Bobby Ryan, was a Yank and the US has other young players such as Connolly that could be ready to take their game up another level in the near future.

Goaltending will be key, and I expect the US goaltending to be better in the future. Especially if Don Waddell isn't picking the team.

The US definitely screwed up by not bringing in Miller, but I don't think the squad will have to worry too much about getting relegated to the B pool in the future.  Miller and DiPietro are only 25 and should have their best hockey still ahead of them.

The 2nd pick overall in this year's draft, Bobby Ryan, was a Yank and the US has other young players such as Connolly that could be ready to take their game up another level in the near future.

Goaltending will be key, and I expect the US goaltending to be better in the future.  Especially if Don Waddell isn't picking the team.

610048[/snapback]

The goaltending is there. The question is will the scoring and D be? There are some solid prospects such as Kessel, Erik Johnson, Jack Johnson. Those are the guys who must be heard from.