Vacation suggestions

Mile High

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of school last year I went to Isle of Palms, SC with my g/f and her family. It was a blast. Great beach, food, and about 15 min from Charleston. It's very low key and not "touristy". There was a little strip close by that had some stores and bars right on the beach for a change of atmosphere. I think it was a bit pricy but it was a great relaxing vacation. There are some other islands nearby that are pretty much the same type of thing (Sullivan's island comes to mind). Oh and we were there in early/mid may and the weather was great. Like USMC said, the outer banks are great too. My family used to frequent there when I was younger.

Wife and I have vacationed about 6 times at Corolla NC. About as far up the Outer Banks you can go by car. Usually we go Sept/Oct time period. Very few people and the temp has gone down a bit. If you are looking to go somewhere just to veg - that's a good place. We usually rent from Sun Realty.

I'd second Folly beach. I live on James Island- about 10 minutes from "The Edge of America" Folly is very laid back. Go to Planet Follywood and get a Ken's Burger and some PBR drafts. The Dolphin Deli has some great subs and vegetarian options. Cafe Suzanne is great for Sunday Brunch. They recently opened Locklear's on the pier which has great food and a super view. The weather is perfect right now, too. Another few weeks and the "no-see-ums" will tear you up early morning or at dusk...... PM me with any questions....

I'd second Folly beach.  I live on James Island- about 10 minutes from "The Edge of America"  Folly is very laid back.  Go to Planet Follywood and get a Ken's Burger and some PBR drafts.  The Dolphin Deli has some great subs and vegetarian options.  Cafe Suzanne is great for  Sunday Brunch.  They recently opened Locklear's on the pier which has great food and a super view.  The weather is perfect right now, too.  Another few weeks and the "no-see-ums" will tear you up early morning or at dusk......  PM me with any questions....

609350[/snapback]

All great places. Don't forget the "Lost Dog" for a breakfast burrito and the "Corner Market" (or whatever that place on the corner is called) for a good dinner and excellent wine selection. I haven't been there in a few months, where is Locklear's? Did it replace the Starfish Grill?

Try Tybee Island near Savannah. I go there every year around St. Patty's and rent a house. Sandra Bullock has a house there and it is not too touristy. Savannah is a great city. St. Pat's is a treat with a huge parade and a national rugby tournament. I'd also recommend Charleston/ Folly Beach as opposed to Hilton Head. Charleston is a great city and Folly Beach is a little less crowded than Hilton Head.