Vacation suggestions

Mile High

I know some of you on the board are from North and South Carolina. The future wifey and I are planning our spring vacation and I was wondering if any of you "locals" have any suggestions. Somewhere obviously along the coast would be key. I've been to Hilton Head and it was nice but too touristy for me. Thanks in advance.

Mile High

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know some of you on the board are from North and South Carolina.  The future wifey and I are planning our spring vacation and I was wondering if any of you "locals" have any suggestions.  Somewhere obviously along the coast would be key.  I've been to Hilton Head and it was nice but too touristy for me.  Thanks in advance.

Mile High

608808[/snapback]

If you are just looking to chill out and give your girl the ole pickle tickle, rent a beach house in Folly Beach, SC. Real laid back, not touristy at all, and only about 20 minutes to the gorgeous city of Charleston.

I know some of you on the board are from North and South Carolina.  The future wifey and I are planning our spring vacation and I was wondering if any of you "locals" have any suggestions.  Somewhere obviously along the coast would be key.  I've been to Hilton Head and it was nice but too touristy for me.  Thanks in advance.

Mile High

608808[/snapback]

did you rent a bike at Hilton Head ? my niece and her husband own all the bike rental places .

If you are just looking to chill out and give your girl the ole pickle tickle, rent a beach house in Folly Beach, SC.  Real laid back, not touristy at all, and only about 20 minutes to the gorgeous city of Charleston.

608812[/snapback]

Pickle tickle :w00t: .. Yeah that's kind of what I had in mind :w00t: .

If you are just looking to chill out and give your girl the ole pickle tickle, rent a beach house in Folly Beach, SC.  Real laid back, not touristy at all, and only about 20 minutes to the gorgeous city of Charleston.

608812[/snapback]

Funny that you suggested Folly, I was about to say the same thing. I own a beach house in Folly, 3rd row, about 100 yards from the ocean that I rent out. I would be happy to hook up a Bills fan with deal if you are interested. (If you are, PM me) S&J is right, it's laid back and beachy and if you want a nice restaurant, shopping etc, Charleston is very close. There are some really nice condos and houses right on the water if you want to hear the ocean right outside your window.

Edisto Island, SC is about 35 minutes south of Charleston. Very low key and a great place to get away from it all. It is a well kept locals secret, but since you are a Bills fan I'm going to let that slide.

Charleston is a fantastic place to visit. Lots of tourist things to do.

Wilmington, NC has some nice beaches, but a longer drive depending on where you are coming from.

despite your apparent aversion to touristy things, let me put in a vote for Myrtle Beach, if you want to be away from the hubub, stay in north myrtle or cherry grove, if you want the hubub, drive into MB

Mile High

608808[/snapback]

Funny that you suggested Folly, I was about to say the same thing.  I own a beach house in Folly, 3rd row, about 100 yards from the ocean that I rent out.  I would be happy to hook up a Bills fan with deal if you are interested.  (If you are, PM me)  S&J is right, it's laid back and beachy and if you want a nice restaurant, shopping etc, Charleston is very close.  There are some really nice condos and houses right on the water if you want to hear the ocean right outside your window.

608853[/snapback]

Interesting. The lil lady was wondering when it is actually warm enough to rock her bikini..

Funny that you suggested Folly, I was about to say the same thing.  I own a beach house in Folly, 3rd row, about 100 yards from the ocean that I rent out.  I would be happy to hook up a Bills fan with deal if you are interested.  (If you are, PM me)  S&J is right, it's laid back and beachy and if you want a nice restaurant, shopping etc, Charleston is very close.  There are some really nice condos and houses right on the water if you want to hear the ocean right outside your window.

608853[/snapback]

No chit! Folly's a real cool spot. Three of my good buddies moved down there on a whim, and none of them have been able to leave. They've been down there five years, so I've been down a bunch to visit. I spent a week there over July 4th in 2004- one of the absolute wildest and best vacations I have ever taken. Charleston is a great city, and the golf courses are magic.