Sasha Cohen

eball

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so let me make sure I read this article correctly.

This girl was competing in Olympic figure skating and during her routine she fell down. Twice. And then they gave her a silver medal for falling down twice?

Questions:

Did the gold medal winner only fall once and then everybody else in the entire competition fell down 3 or more times?

Was I unaware of the fact that I was actually reading about the Special Olympics?

How in hte hell can you fall on your ass twice at the world's most presitigous figure skating competition and be considered to have had the second best performance?

Why does the way figure skating is run always remind me of the way college football is run?

610298[/snapback]

Simon, all you have to do is listen to the announcers... :lol:

Each thing you do is worth points. You accumulate these points and the prgram goes on.

Sasha's was the most difficult, thus she earned a lot of points...

This girl was competing in Olympic figure skating and during her routine she fell down. Twice. And then they gave her a silver medal for falling down twice?

Questions:

Did the gold medal winner only fall once and then everybody else in the entire competition fell down 3 or more times?

Was I unaware of the fact that I was actually reading about the Special Olympics?

How in hte hell can you fall on your ass twice at the world's most presitigous figure skating competition and be considered to have had the second best performance?

Why does the way figure skating is run always remind me of the way college football is run?

610298[/snapback]

Your comments about why she still medaled despite her screwups have already been answered, but Sasha herself was surprised. After the competition she admitted that she didn't think she would be on the podium after her two slipups. Very gracious comments.

Questions:

610298[/snapback]

the gold winner didn't fall

the silver winner fell twice

i think the bronze winner only fell once...i remember being surprised cohen would've won...her two falls looked pretty awkward

the gold winner didn't fall

the silver winner fell twice

i think the bronze winner only fell once...i remember being surprised cohen would've won...her two falls looked pretty awkward

611037[/snapback]

Bronze fell once but she had other issues. They did a breakdown afterwards of how the scoring went. Irina scored higher on the jumps (somewhat offset by the fact that Irena also "doubled out" of some planned triple jumps, reducing her difficulty level), but Sasha scored more on step sequences (everything but the jumping and the spinning...) and on the "component" score.

Wow, did I just say that? :lol: We put it on for the girls to watch tonight... :lol:

Questions:

610298[/snapback]

The Gold Medal winner did not fall. She was the exception rather than the rule. Sasha won her medal because everyone else was that much worse. This was literally the worst figure skating I've ever seen for the Olympics.

610298[/snapback]

Let's put this another way: how is it that the Steelers had more turnovers than the Seahawks yet they still won the Super Bowl...?