Russia - U.S.A

millbank

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what's with the attitude? You're expecting me to know about every rookie in the game?

608050[/snapback]

when you make statements that you have no idea what you are talking about, then I find you must be corrected...what I expect, is you have a clue about something that you post about on here...

when you make statements that you have no idea what you are talking about, then I find you must be corrected...what I expect, is you have a clue about something that you post about on here...

608071[/snapback]

i simply said that if USA is only able to develop one decent goaltender that is olympic caliber, that they need to work on that department. It's as simple as that but if you're going to transform that into "hey this guy knows nothing of what he's talking about", then it's your choice.

i simply said that if USA is only able to develop one decent goaltender that is olympic caliber, that they need to work on that department.  It's as simple as that but if you're going to transform that into "hey this guy knows nothing of what he's talking about", then it's your choice.

608074[/snapback]

Don't mean to sound like a ninny, but how is USA hockey going to develop a goalie? Colleges, minor leagues and the NHL may develop olympic caliber talent, but USA hockey doesn't, does it? They just need to choose the correct talent, no?

i simply said that if USA is only able to develop one decent goaltender that is olympic caliber, that they need to work on that department.  It's as simple as that but if you're going to transform that into "hey this guy knows nothing of what he's talking about", then it's your choice.

608074[/snapback]

but that is exactlly what Miller is...a young up and coming stud, that should have been on the team this year...

but that is exactlly what Miller is...a young up and coming stud, that should have been on the team this year...

608082[/snapback]

well... sometimes bringing a rookie isn't the best thing but I guess when your alternative is Robert Esche... i could understand where you're coming from. 2010 on the other hand will be sick. Malkin, Ovechkin, Miller, Crosby and the rest will make it for an exciting tournament.

Don't mean to sound like a ninny, but how is USA hockey going to develop a goalie?  Colleges, minor leagues and the NHL may develop olympic caliber talent, but USA hockey doesn't, does it?  They just need to choose the correct talent, no?

608081[/snapback]

I guess trying to get some Quebec born goaltender to change his citizenship :doh: I hear Theodore is available but he's out 6-8 weeks because he fell down a flight of stairs :doh:

608082[/snapback]

I agree tater....

But still the issue this past weekend (now I didnt see the games just going by the score, what I heard etc) was that the USA had trouble scoring...that was not dipietrio's or grahame's fault

what's with the attitude? You're expecting me to know about every rookie in the game?

608050[/snapback]

As you claim to be a hockey fan, I would expect you to know a little about one of the hottest goalies in the league. Rookie or not.

Team U.S.A this year is kind of in transition, actually in the system there are many young guys who in time are going to be very good, this years Junior tournament showed that. By 2010 the U.S.A team will be as skilled and talented as anyone.

Where both team Canada and Team U.S.A are at a disadvantage is that they compose their team quickly and have a short while to come together at such tournaments with many of the players never having been team mates. The teams from Europe on the other hand often are composed of European league players and teams that have played together for much longer and know each other often as set lines. The Swiss are a example of that, with many on team who are not NHL'ers but because they have played together are far more cohesive, particularly in the early rounds.

well... sometimes bringing a rookie isn't the best thing but I guess when your alternative is Robert Esche... i could understand where you're coming from.  2010 on the other hand will be sick.  Malkin, Ovechkin, Miller, Crosby and the rest will make it for an exciting tournament.

608086[/snapback]