Who do you not want to see the Bills release?

ACor58

Who do you not want to see the Bills release or not resign?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you not want to see the Bills release or not resign?

• Josh Reed
    • Mike Williams
    • Trey Teague
    • Eric Moulds
    • Sam Adams

Josh Reed is the only one on the list with any upside, I'd pick him, though I would probably prefer "none of the above".

I'd take Moulds back if not for the cost... and as I've said in another thread, Sam Adams' performance last year scares me, he may have hit the wall sooner than expected.

This is something that bothers me. Moulds WANTS to be a Bill, restructures his contract to HELP the team, still has a lot left in him but everyone wants to cut him. Back in the day we chastised players who were greedy and wanted out of Buffalo for more money or management for not bringing back players for money reasons to finish their careers in Buffalo ala Andre, Bruce, Thurman.... Just MHO...

607665[/snapback]

I would love to keep Moulds. He was still demanding double teams last year and that certainly helped Evans. His 10.1ypc stat does not illustrate this contribution that he makes(Bill in NYC :doh: ). However it comes down to money. Eric's salary is very high and in relation to our cap it may be just too much.

If we are given a choice of keeping Moulds and upgrading our lines like we have the last few years, or cut Moulds and other vets to significantly upgrade our lines it becomes a no brainer.

Managing the cap effectively puts the Bills in a tough spot when considering players like Moulds, Williams and Adams. Tough choices have to be made. Choices that may mean Moulds finishes his career elsewhere.

That being said, how much are you willing to pay Williams to come back and remain a Bill?

607718[/snapback]

Cut him and then resign him to a new $3 million per year, 4 year contract. I don't think that he'll get offers for more than that in FA.

If we can find receivers so easily who catch 80 balls a year then where are they? There are zip in free agency who command double teams. We got a glimpse of an offense without Moulds and it was absolutely putrid. Why do so many people want Aiken to replace Moulds? That is just plain stupid. Or you want to sign an inferior free agent pay him 2-3M/year and Moulds 5.5M if he is cut. So a new free agent WR is 8M/year for the cap. Moulds would easily re-structure for a cap figure better than that.

I actually want to keep all but one of these guys. That guy is Trey Teague.

Sam Adams is still the anchor of the DL and we need a good veteran like him around.

Eric Moulds should remain a Bill. Yes he is not as fast as he once was, yet he is still a very good WR. He catches almost everything thrown to him and is still a good route runner. He's still our most reliable receiver. I agree that he must take a paycut.

I am one of the very few who actually like Miike Williams. Is he a pro bowler? No.

Is he one of top 5 tackles in the NFL? No. Is he a solid player? Yes. He has made strides since he was a rookie, maybe not the strides that everyone is expecting, but he has been a good enough player to remain on the team.

Personall, I don't think he's going anywhere, since he's already stated that he would be open to playing Guard, and that he would have his contract restructured.

Josh Reed, another player that I have openly defended. He played much better last season and I hope that he stays. He's our best back-up receiver, and a very good blocker. I'd be disapointed if the Bills do not re-sign him, but if that's their decision, so be it.

Oh crap, I missread the name of the post.

I thought it said "Who do you want the Bills to release?" and so I voted for Mike Williams, and was all pissed that so many wanted Moulds released. Now I can't change my vote, and I'm happy people want Moulds to stay.

I'm willing to bet the high amount of votes for Williams are the result of others making similar mistakes.

Cut him and then resign him to a new $3 million per year, 4 year contract. I don't think that he'll get offers for more than that in FA.

607834[/snapback]

If we cut him doesn't he have to clear waivers? That means that another team could grab him up if they wanted to.

Probably don't need to cut him since most of his signing bonus has been accounted for. We can probably reduce his base without having to pay him a significant amount of gauranteed money.

If we cut him doesn't he have to clear waivers? That means that another team could grab him up if they wanted to.

Probably don't need to cut him since most of his signing bonus has been accounted for. We can probably reduce his base without having to pay him a significant amount of gauranteed money.

607895[/snapback]

I believe he is due to receive $7-9 million the next few years. He may also have some roster bonus money coming due.

If the Bills cut him, he can test the open market. I just don't think that teams will offer him much money. In the last few years there have been several 1st round tackles who haven't lived up to expectations who got no where what they thought they'd get in FA.