Who do you not want to see the Bills release?

ACor58

Who do you not want to see the Bills release or not resign?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you not want to see the Bills release or not resign?

• Josh Reed
    • Mike Williams
    • Trey Teague
    • Eric Moulds
    • Sam Adams

I am sure that it is possible that they are all let go, though Adams seems like he might be the most likely to return.

I think that Josh Reed made some strides towards the end of last year and I have a feeling that he will make a nice #2 receiver on another team if he is not resigned.

Reed and Teague are all but gone.

If Adams, Moulds, and Williams remain as is, they would represent more than 25% of the Bills salary cap allotment.

Williams is certainly the highest paid RT in football (probably NFL History) and Moulds has got to be in the top 5, with his old age and 10.1 ypc. Certainly, no GM in the NFL would be stupid enough to keep these two at that price.

I suppose that keeping Adams would make the most sense. Sooner or later, we have to bite the bullet eat the dead cap space on aging and or under achieving football players.

While Moulds performs better than Williams, he certainly will play little to no role in the long term success of the Buffalo Bills Football Team.

While Moulds performs better than Williams, he certainly will play little to no role in the long term success of the Buffalo Bills Football Team.

607658[/snapback]

That is a great point. I love Moulds as a player, but not sure if even a restructured contract would provide a great enough ROI to keep him around.

That is a great point. I love Moulds as a player, but not sure if even a restructured contract would provide a great enough ROI to keep him around.

607660[/snapback]

This is something that bothers me. Moulds WANTS to be a Bill, restructures his contract to HELP the team, still has a lot left in him but everyone wants to cut him. Back in the day we chastised players who were greedy and wanted out of Buffalo for more money or management for not bringing back players for money reasons to finish their careers in Buffalo ala Andre, Bruce, Thurman.... Just MHO...

This is something that bothers me. Moulds WANTS to be a Bill, restructures his contract to HELP the team, still has a lot left in him but everyone wants to cut him. Back in the day we chastised players who were greedy and wanted out of Buffalo for more money or management for not bringing back players for money reasons to finish their careers in Buffalo ala Andre, Bruce, Thurman.... Just MHO...

607665[/snapback]

Your loyalty is commendable, but I remind you that Moulds was said to have not lost a penny while restructuring. His salary was converted into bonus money and softened our cap hit. Sounds great, but doing so put us in a hole wrt his contract, and the Bills will at some point, have to eat the dead space when he is cut.

My contention is that we can find a great many wrs who can average 10.1 ypc. You might want to blame the qbs, and that is a valid point, but guess who the qbs are in 06? The only thing that has changed is that Eric will be a year older, and his cap hit is just WAY too big to absorb.

Teague and Reed are free agents.  They can not be released.

I'm a bit amazed that everyone except myself so far want to cut the most productive players on that list and are content to keep a 10.8 million dollar backup lineman.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

607677[/snapback]

I couldn't fit release / resign in the subject but it does say that in the question. :lol:

I am not sure if anyone here would be content with keeping fat Mike around, especially at his current cap number.

Teague and Reed are free agents.  They can not be released.

I'm a bit amazed that everyone except myself so far want to cut the most productive players on that list and are content to keep a 10.8 million dollar backup lineman.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

607677[/snapback]

????? Only 2 of 19 thus far voted to NOT cut Williams. Granted that is 2 too many, but I fail to see the outpouring of support.

i don't feel a desire to keep any of them, but i do think Sam Adams based on team need is the one most necessary to keep.

i like Eric Moulds a lot. he has played great for some bad Bills teams, but someone else posted earlier this week or last that this team has "rebuild" written all over it. Sure you can restructure Moulds contract, but the longer you restructure the deal, the longer he will be hanging around. He would need to take a pay cut, not just restructure for the Bills to justify keeping him.

if Moulds goes, i almost think they need to keep Reed. But if Moulds stays, then Reed is definately gone.

Teague. He is a solid backup. And I would consider letting him battle for a backup job at LT. As a center however, he sucks. I don't mean he sucks based on his skill. I mean he sucks based on his lack of leadership. the center position is the second most important position of leadership on offense and he failed miserably last year while the Bills tried breaking in a baby QB.

I think Williams is going to be asked to take a paycut, and then he is going to be asked to prove he wants to play in the NFL. i don't think he has the capacity or desire to do either.

to answer the poll question "who not to release"....based on the team need, I say Sam Adams. They need a minimum of two solid DT's to run this Cover 2 Defense and right now, Adams is the best they have....and he is not a 3 down; 4 quarter player....so they really need to add 2 more top DT's. (one I am guessing will come in the form of the 1st round draft pick.)

based on "cap space need" to improve this team in so many areas, my preference on who to release i suppose would be Mike Williams and Eric Moulds since their release would bring the most savings.

>>>>>Who do you not want to see the Bills release or not resign?<<<<<

Yes, and so far 3 persons voted NOT to release Williams.

607696[/snapback]

Well I know I screwed that up. I voted for Williams but I read it wrong, I thought I was voting for who I wanted cut.... :lol:

Of course I have an excuse, I'm just a dumb ass Marine.... :lol:

Well I know I screwed that up. I voted for Williams but I read it wrong, I thought I was voting for who I wanted cut....  :lol: 

Of course I have an excuse, I'm just a dumb ass Marine....  :lol:

607700[/snapback]

No, you are human and mis-read something. A human mistake.

YOU my friend, are a regular guy. You are not a smug, pompous, disingenuous little douche.

????? Only 2 of 19 thus far voted to NOT cut Williams. Granted that is 2 too many, but I fail to see the outpouring of support.

607689[/snapback]

Part of it is likely because many have read or seen where Williams has states he absolutlely wants to be a Bill and knows he will have to restructure his contract in order to remain here.

Part of it is likely because many have read or seen where Williams has states he absolutlely wants to be a Bill and knows he will have to restructure his contract in order to remain here.

607712[/snapback]

That being said, how much are you willing to pay Williams to come back and remain a Bill?

Well I know I screwed that up. I voted for Williams but I read it wrong, I thought I was voting for who I wanted cut....  :doh: 

Of course I have an excuse, I'm just a dumb ass Marine....  :doh:

607700[/snapback]

Dang it ! So did I.

And I am not a Marine so just a unadulterated dumb-ass !! Should have listened to my third grade teacher.

607712[/snapback]

The issue here is not him wanting to be here or his salary - it is his mental toughness. He is not worth any amount of money if his heart is not in his play. Mental issues are tough to modify unless by a Phil Jackson-type motivator/psychologist or in the event of a life-changing incident.

As a side note - he may want to be a Bill because he either knows the market will not value him much or is just to lazy to go out evaluating other opportunities.