Anyone know of something called UIL?

Kelly the Dog

Someone is trying to convince me there is something called the UIL, which governs high school sports nationally. Something to do with being academically eligible or ineligible. But I can't find anything on it. And thought that the National federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) governs high school sports. Apparently in texas there is something called the University Interscholastic League, but that is not it.

Could anyone help a caucasion out here?

In my work with UT Austin, I've run into a lot of UIL stuff.

UIL is the University Interscholastic League, and its basically something that meets at different high schools to do competition in many things, not just athletic, for high school students.

They use the UT Austin computer systems, which is why I know about it. :lol:

In my work with UT Austin, I've run into a lot of UIL stuff.

UIL is the University Interscholastic League, and its basically something that meets at different high schools to do competition in many things, not just athletic, for high school students.

They use the UT Austin computer systems, which is why I know about it. :lol:

607460[/snapback]

But it's only in Texas, right?

Yep, AFAIK there is no such thing that governs High School sports, or even Texas sports.

UIL is a voluntary program for high schools, not a mandatory governing body.

607539[/snapback]

And, it's a PitA. They govern things outside of sports, like band. Under UIL rules it's OK for a booster club to send a band member to a band camp. You would think that athletes would get the same, but nope, can't help a student athlete pay for a summer camp. Can't tell you why, but thems the rules. What the fug do you do at band camp anyway? (in no way do I want to disparage any former HS band members, or the parents of any current, future or past band members)

What the fug do you do at band camp anyway?  (in no way do I want to disparage any former HS band members, or the parents of any current, future or past band members)

607545[/snapback]

Almost 10 hours and no one has given you the answer? What has this board become?

American Pie 3 Movie Pie Pack: The Franchise Collection

American Pie Presents - Band Camp