For those who'd rather not point and click:

1 Bush

2 Leinart

3 CUTLER

4 Young (bye-bye Chad)

5 Mario Williams

6 Ferguson

7 Hawk

8 HUFF - The Bills are getting a little old on defense, and they have some cap issues to sort through in the weeks ahead. Huff is a versatile talent whose stock is on the rise as the Combine nears. If veteran safety Lawyer Milloy ends up being one of Buffalo's cap cuts, Huff could fill the bill.

9 Ngata

10 DeAngelo Williams

11 Davis

12 Greenway

13 Hali

14 Holmes

15 Jimmy Williams (a popular last name)

It DOES seem obvious that, baring a trade or the top DE dropping down to us, the Bills will select one of the following three players (Ngata, Huff, or Davis). One thing I have noticed over the years, rookie DT's seldom do well in their first or second years. Of course the Bills need help on both lines, but at pick 8, can the Bills ignore the best TE and/or the best CB on the board? Wellllll, let's see who the Bills sign in FA prior to the draft. Cutler going third overall? Yeh, right. Ricky? You've got smoking buddies!

-RnJ

Cutler has been shooting up the boards recently (ala Rivers). It wouldnt suprise me if, after the combine, he is the #1 or #2 QB on many teams draft boards.

Combine that with the fact that Ten, NYJ and NO all need a QB (unless ten thinks volek is the long term solution), its possible picks 2-4 will be QBs.

If nothing else, if cutler is on the board at #8, we may be able to field some interesting phone calls from arizona looking to leapfrog the Lions sitting at #10, and may still be able to get Ngata at #10, as detroit really doesnt need a DT.

Draft day should be interesting...

1) Move down and STILL get ngata

2) One of the big 6 falls.

Good possibilities of either of the above scenarios.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...art1/index.html

1 Bush

2 Leinart

3 CUTLER

4 Young (bye-bye Chad)

5 Mario Williams

6 Ferguson

7 Hawk

8 HUFF - The Bills are getting a little old on defense, and they have some cap issues to sort through in the weeks ahead. Huff is a versatile talent whose stock is on the rise as the Combine nears. If veteran safety Lawyer Milloy ends up being one of Buffalo's cap cuts, Huff could fill the bill.

9 Ngata

10 DeAngelo Williams

11 Davis

12 Greenway

13 Hali

14 Holmes

15 Jimmy Williams  (a popular last name)

It DOES seem obvious that, baring a trade or the top DE dropping down to us, the Bills will select one of the following three players (Ngata, Huff, or Davis). One thing I have noticed over the years, rookie DT's seldom do well in their first or second years.  Of course the Bills need help on both lines, but at pick 8, can the Bills ignore the best TE and/or the best CB on the board? Wellllll, let's see who the Bills sign in FA prior to the draft.  Cutler going third overall? Yeh, right. Ricky? You've got smoking buddies!

-RnJ

607189[/snapback]

Do you really find this that surprising? Actually could be a reality. According to the NFL Network - they expect 4 QB's to go in the first round and the word was that the Jets really like Cutler... Also - Don't be surprised if Vince Young starts to fall...by drfat day, he may be there at 8....not that I want him, but it might make for a nice trade offer for the Bills...who I thing should trade down...

If people have such deeply-ingrained preconceived notions of what a mock draft should look like two months before the actual draft that they think someone has to be using mind-altering substances to think that a player will go 4th instead of 9th, then they'd better put down the keyboard and step away from the computer.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...art1/index.html

1 Bush

2 Leinart

3 CUTLER

4 Young (bye-bye Chad)

5 Mario Williams

6 Ferguson

7 Hawk

9 Ngata

10 DeAngelo Williams

11 Davis

12 Greenway

13 Hali

14 Holmes

15 Jimmy Williams  (a popular last name)

It DOES seem obvious that, baring a trade or the top DE dropping down to us, the Bills will select one of the following three players (Ngata, Huff, or Davis). One thing I have noticed over the years, rookie DT's seldom do well in their first or second years.  Of course the Bills need help on both lines, but at pick 8, can the Bills ignore the best TE and/or the best CB on the board? Wellllll, let's see who the Bills sign in FA prior to the draft.  Cutler going third overall? Yeh, right. Ricky? You've got smoking buddies!

-RnJ

607189[/snapback]

Somehow I think this looks realistic except for the part about the Jets. If the Pennington is going to be fine I think they will take Ferguson at #4. If SI's draft works out is it really possible that the 49ers will take Ferguson?

Somehow I think this looks realistic except for the part about the Jets.  If the Pennington is going to be fine I think they will take Ferguson at #4.  If SI's draft works out is it really possible that the 49ers will take Ferguson?

607267[/snapback]

ESPN Insider has a teaser about the Jets releasing Pennington.

Huff is an outstanding player and a natural leader. This would be an excellent pick and more of a sure pick then the big DT.

There are a lot of DT's in this draft. We could get one in the 2nd and 3rd easy or for that matter Free Agency would be better because he would help us right a way.

Draft DT's take time to impact no matter what round they are takin in. Huff should help right a way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.