Russia Sells Su-25 Warplanes to Iran

Friends I have known that have ex-patted in dubai have loved it and would have stayed if their wives hadn't hated it so much.

609485[/snapback]

Great town, but another reason to choose HK. They might hate it there after a while, too... But not for the same reasons. Depends on the wife, I guess. Mine loved it there.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind that the intended targets often advocate genocide themselves.

:lol:

610334[/snapback]

So, what you're saying is that 100% of the population in any Arab and/or muslim country advocates genocide? I tend to doubt that. Much of the youth in Iran, for instance, is weary of the Islamic theocracy and would welcome change. You'd probably have more in common with them then you'd imagine. The thing is, if you were to "wipe out Iran" (as I have no doubt some hotheads on here would argue for) you'd be killing them as well as Ahmadinejad and his ilk.

So, what you're saying is that 100% of the population in any Arab and/or muslim country advocates genocide? I tend to doubt that. Much of the youth in Iran, for instance, is weary of the Islamic theocracy and would welcome change. You'd probably have more in common with them then you'd imagine. The thing is, if you were to "wipe out Iran" (as I have no doubt some hotheads on here would argue for) you'd be killing them as well as Ahmadinejad and his ilk.

610369[/snapback]

Oh, I know that. But I think a good, solid majority of people in the Muslim (and especially Arab) world wouldn't mind seeing Israel completely disappear.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing the leadership of Iran taken down a notch or two, but I don't think in the long term that would be a good thing. Better to try and subtly subvert the mullahs.

Oh, I know that. But I think a good, solid majority of people in the Muslim (and especially Arab) world wouldn't mind seeing Israel completely disappear.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing the leadership of Iran taken down a notch or two, but I don't think in the long term that would be a good thing. Better to try and subtly subvert the mullahs.

610392[/snapback]

Not going to happen.

610392[/snapback]

Israel is certainly hated in the Muslim/Arab world as it seen (rightly or wrongly) as being responsible for the dispossession of the Palestinians. I don't believe, however, that any more than a tiny minority of fanatics would wish for the genocide of it's population.

Israel is certainly hated in the Muslim/Arab world as it seen (rightly or wrongly) as being responsible for the dispossession of the Palestinians. I don't believe, however, that any more than a tiny minority of fanatics would wish for the genocide of it's population.

610418[/snapback]

While I truly wish I could agree with you, the recent Palestinian elections tend not to support that supposition.

610418[/snapback]

I can't imagine them crying over it if it were to happen.

While I truly wish I could agree with you, the recent Palestinian elections tend not to support that supposition.

610424[/snapback]

Palestine is hardly the entire Arab/Muslim world and the Palestinians have more of a direct grievance against Israel than other Arab nations. Even then, is it actually Hamas's policy to murder the entire Jewish population of Israel? I think it's more likely that they have some pipedream of forcibly expelling the Jewish population in a similar way to the way they believe they were forced from their land. That's bad enough but it's not the same thing as genocide.

The thing is, if you were to "wipe out Iran" (as I have no doubt some hotheads on here would argue for) you'd be killing them as well as Ahmadinejad and his ilk.

610369[/snapback]

Call me one of the hotheads, I'm okay with this as long as my kids can grow up and not worry about some nut job flying an airplane into an office building.

Call me one of the hotheads, I'm okay with this as long as my kids can grow up and not worry about some nut job flying an airplane into an office building.

610458[/snapback]

I'd say nuking Iran would make that more likely, not less.

I'd say nuking Iran would make that more likely, not less.

610469[/snapback]

Then on to the next group of idiots. Last I checked we have something like 10,000 nukes, and the ability to make more. (insert sarcasm here)

I'm not advocating nuking iran, or any other country for that matter (well, maybe france), but I am advocating for taking the fight to them, before it gets here in this country.

Then on to the next group of idiots.  Last I checked we have something like 10,000 nukes, and the ability to make more.  (insert sarcasm here)

I'm not advocating nuking iran, or any other country for that matter (well, maybe france), but I am advocating for taking the fight to them, before it gets here in this country.

610475[/snapback]

Problem is that the enemy the US faces is not so much a nation state which can be nuked (or even deterred by the threat of nukes) so much as a loose network of people, many of whom are present in countries whose governments are friendly to the US, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan for instance. In this context, the 10,000 nukes are not relevant and more subtle tools like special forces, human intelligence etc ... are needed.

I would not call pakistan friendly to the US. I would say their leader, who is basically a military dictator (took control in a military coup), does not want to piss us off. I would say that we are on borrowed time with pakistan, one of these days, he is going to get killed or ousted, and come to live in the US of A (remember the Sha of Iran?)

I would not call pakistan friendly to the US.  I would say their leader, who is basically a military dictator (took control in a military coup), does not want to piss us off.  I would say that we are on borrowed time with pakistan, one of these days, he is going to get killed or ousted, and come to live in the US of A (remember the Sha of Iran?)

610638[/snapback]

I said the government of Pakistan was friendly, not the population as a whole. I agree that Musharraf's position is pretty precarious.

Precarious? Given that they already have working nukes, I'd call it scary.

610665[/snapback]

I would be willing to bet that there is a plan (us special forces) to destroy/capture all of thier nukes in the event that Musharaff falls. They do have nukes, but not many, it is believed they have less than 20 usable nukes or material to make more.

I would be willing to bet that there is a plan (us special forces) to destroy/capture all of thier nukes in the event that Musharaff falls.  They do have nukes, but not many, it is believed they have less than 20 usable nukes or material to make more.

610682[/snapback]

Just so you know...you're telling that to the guy that probably wrote the plan. :lol: