BEST RAP ARTIST OF ALL TIME

bbh10128

..... BUT IS THE GREATEST RAP ARTIST EVER?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. ..... BUT IS THE GREATEST RAP ARTIST EVER?

• JAY Z
    • BIGGIE
    • DR. DRE
    • LI'L KIM
    • FOXIE BROWN
    • NAS
    • SNOOP DOGGIE DOG
    • DMX
    • EMINEM
    • NELLY
    • TUPAC
    • 50 CENT
    • EZ E
    • OTHER (SPECIFY)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NWA

606791[/snapback]

Which NWA do you like the most? Obviously Dre was the Brains of the outfit with the producing. EZ was the self proclaimed $ man who supposedly fronted tons of jack, which he aquired from slanging rocks. Cube and Ren could just straight up ryhme while DJ yella threw down some dope beats.

Lil Kim? Lol....where are Chuck D? LL? Run DMC? Sugarhouse Gang? NWA? 2 Live Crew? Ice T? Ice Cube?  you are showing your age CAP BOY

606768[/snapback]

IIRC from Behind the Music, wasn't Lil Kim the group whore for Biggie's gang?

I think you meant Sugarhill Gang.....that would be my vote.

Not the biggest fan of the genre, so my opinion means squat (even more than usual, in this case).

With that said, although he's a punk and a big-time misogynist, I think Eminem is close to genius in his lyrics, phrasing sense of humor, etc. I don't own his any of his recordings, but hearing him usually brings a smile to my face.

Eminem is close to genius in his lyrics, phrasing sense of humor, etc.  I don't own his any of his recordings, but hearing him usually brings a smile to my face.

606842[/snapback]

BINGO.

No mainstream rapper (currently breathing) is on par with Eminem in terms of lyrical talent. There are some who may be better (matter of taste) but tend to be more poetic with their lyrics. I love Mos Def and Talib Kweli and Common and a bunch more like them, but after awhile I feel like I'm listening to some slam poetry show. It's good sh--, but it's not always my bag baby. I just don't think anyone else can bring words together the way he does, and at the same time still rap about funny, entertaining and serious stuff.

Plus if you have heard any of his freestyles......shiiiit.

BINGO.

No mainstream rapper (currently breathing) is on par with Eminem in terms of lyrical talent. There are some who may be better (matter of taste) but tend to be more poetic with their lyrics. I love Mos Def and Talib Kweli and Common and a bunch more like them, but after awhile I feel like I'm listening to some slam poetry show. It's good sh--, but it's not always my bag baby. I just don't think anyone else can bring words together the way he does, and at the same time still rap about funny, entertaining and serious stuff.

Plus if you have heard any of his freestyles......shiiiit.

606871[/snapback]

actually

Slim Shady has a shitload of talent, i just wish he would direct it at the right stuff rather than just insulting people and talking about his daughter and his ex-wife and people suiing him and ja rule and so on.

Personally i like the poetic lyrics more than i like just rhyming, that's why Masta Killa and the RZA strike me as two of the sickest rappers alive. Masta Killa has some sick paragraphs in the song "snakes", da mystery of chessboxing and Triumph, as well as the RZA is just dominant in any song he raps in. I have seen him do interviews and this guy is very intelligent.

ODB just rocked because he was a sick son of a B word. RIP.

actually

Slim Shady has a shitload of talent, i just wish he would direct it at the right stuff rather than just insulting people and talking about his daughter and his ex-wife and people suiing him and ja rule and so on. 

606874[/snapback]

While I agree that he 'wastes' his time on a lot of dumb sh--, if you think that those topics represent the brunt of his work, then you haven't listened to very much of him. There is something very strange between him and his wife and I guess he has a compulsion to get it out all the time. The Ja/Benzino thing was short lived and the lawsuits were covered in a few songs. As far as the insults, that's his style. If he didn't do that, then he probably wouldn't be very entertaining to listen to.

Personally i like the poetic lyrics more than i like just rhyming, that's why Masta Killa and the RZA strike me as two of the sickest rappers alive.  Masta Killa has some sick paragraphs in the song "snakes", da mystery of chessboxing and Triumph, as well as the RZA is just dominant in any song he raps in.  I have seen him do interviews and this guy is very intelligent.

I agree very much about Rza and MK. In fact I would go so far as to say that almost every member of the Wu-Tang Clan is a very good rapper except ODB.

ODB just rocked because he was a sick son of a B word.  RIP.

Agreed. He was funny. And entertaining.

While I agree that he 'wastes' his time on a lot of dumb sh--, if you think that those topics represent the brunt of his work, then you haven't listened to very much of him. There is something very strange between him and his wife and I guess he has a compulsion to get it out all the time. The Ja/Benzino thing was short lived and the lawsuits were covered in a few songs. As far as the insults, that's his style. If he didn't do that, then he probably wouldn't be very entertaining to listen to.

I agree very much about Rza and MK. In fact I would go so far as to say that almost every member of the Wu-Tang Clan is a very good rapper except ODB.

Agreed. He was funny. And entertaining.

606876[/snapback]

I listened to a lot of his albums, and you're right in a sense, i guess it's because i listened over and over to the newer stuff and got sick of it.

About the Wu Tang, RZA, MK, Inspektah Deck, Ghostface and the rest are good but ODB had his own style of rapping that was really cool. He was poetic in his own sense, and if you think of it, WU wouldn't have been as good without him. He was the instability they needed in a group that was full of poets, you needed a psycho drug addict.