Strange,blowhard Kennedy is so quiet on the Cheney

ASCI

Yes I can - wanna see my garage bookcases ?

Look for this book - Sam Levinson (Levenson ?)

"From The People Who Brought You Pearl Harbor" (out of print)

RE:  Japan & the Auto Industry - similar to the VW thing - ROTFLMAO

I lent (lost) my copy  :P

606239[/snapback]

Seriously... I will look for it... Ask my wife... The village library where she works has been in a "time warp" for 50 years.

Believe it or not :P:doh: ... The friends of the library have a book sales... They are the ONLY library in this area that will take EVERYTHING... It is bound to show up.

My wife jokes about this and how they will virtually take your garbage off your hands. Needless to say, she has accomplished a lot the last two years leading that organization out of a mired entitiy "dying on the vine"... Really.

You got me on the hunt!

:doh::doh:

My wife jokes about this and how they will virtually take your garbage off your hands. Needless to say, she has accomplished a lot the last two years leading that organization out of a mired entitiy "dying on the vine"... Really.

You got me on the hunt!

After football season - I turn off the TV (except for "24" & "NCIS") - on the weekends or if I get home early - it's back to the books. When my father died, his estate came in volumes :P

My darling says - what are you doing out there (garage) ? I'm just listening to Sports radio and or/CD's whichever makes more sense at the moment - and pulling old favorites of the shelves for perusal.

When we moved to CA 31/2 years ago - I gave away so many books - and brought so many more. My gumba (also a Bob) at the local used book store has a love-hate relationship with me . He loves my stuff and I hate to part with some -but space is always an issue.

For those with a sense of humor: two of my favorites

Bill Veeck : "40 Tons A Day" - the Story of Suffolk Downs (Boston) ROTFLMAO

Bill V. also did the world's smallest strike zone

and

"DIE" Disco Night At Cominskey Stadium -

He replaced PT Barnum and did it WELL !

Jimmy Breslin - wrote many books - but "The Gang Who Couldn't Shoot Straight"

An absolute NYC Classic because all these people actually existed

My wife jokes about this and how they will virtually take your garbage off your hands.  Needless to say, she has accomplished a lot the last two years leading that organization out of a mired entitiy "dying on the vine"... Really.

You got me on the hunt!

After football season - I turn off the TV (except for "24"  & "NCIS") -  on the weekends or if I get home early - it's back to the books.  When my father died, his estate came in volumes  :devil:

My darling says - what are you doing out there (garage) ?  I'm just listening to Sports  radio and or/CD's whichever makes more sense at the moment - and pulling old favorites of  the shelves for perusal.

When we moved to CA 31/2 years ago - I gave away so many books - and brought so many more.  My gumba (also a Bob)  at the local used book store has a love-hate relationship with me .  He loves my stuff and I hate to part with some -but space is always an issue.

For those with a sense of humor: two of my favorites

Bill Veeck : "40 Tons A Day" - the Story of Suffolk Downs  (Boston)  ROTFLMAO

Bill V. also did the world's smallest strike zone

and

"DIE" Disco Night  At Cominskey Stadium -

He replaced PT Barnum and did it WELL !

Jimmy Breslin - wrote many books - but "The Gang Who Couldn't Shoot Straight"

An absolute NYC Classic because all these people actually existed

606626[/snapback]

:devil::devil:

Bill Veeck planted the ivy at Wrigley when he was with the Cubs.

Quite a character!

It really rubbed off on his kid (I think Mike had the idea for the disco promo?)