What kind of conservative are you?

Peter

What kind of conservative are you?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of conservative are you?

• Paleo
    • Neocon

I'm neither.

I'm very socially liberal (abortion, gay rights, atheist), but militarily and economically I'm as right wing as you can get.

Steal the oil, nuke the mideast, and please, for the love of Darwin, lower my #$&!(@# taxes...

607597[/snapback]

Odd that your idea of "economically right wing" doesn't include any mention of governmnent spending.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't that mean that when anyone is complaining about extremists, left or right, they pretty much mean you? :doh:

Seriously, where would you put scientific issues such as global warming or teaching creationschit in schools?  Not all issues are social or military or economic.  Some are a blend.  Take gay soldiers and the don't ask don't tell thing.  Is that a military issue, a social issue or what?

607833[/snapback]

I love gray areas! :doh:

In all seriousness, I guess I really don't fit with one particular party.

I'm a fan of science. Science can be proven, as we all know, Science SHOULD be taught in schools, and taught heavily. However, if you're going to teach Darwin, and evolution, isn't fair to explore all other avenues(religions, basic spirituality)?

To digress a bit...When I was in college, I took Bio 1&2. My Professor was a 75 year old nun. Probably the best teacher I have EVER had. She taught us about the big bang, and Darwin, and said she believed in that! I asked her how she possibly could being a nun and all, and her explanation was simple. She believed that everything layed somewhere in the middle. Evolution could be proven. The big bang, she believed, was created by God.

It was an interesting analysis, and one I never thought I'd hear a servent of God say.

Odd that your idea of "economically right wing" doesn't include any mention of governmnent spending.

607867[/snapback]

One of two options I believe. If I'm going to get taxed up the a$$, which I probably always will, put the money to good use: cut Medicaid, Bush's SS plan was great, cut Welfare, get rid of highly inflated govt. pensions, get rid of the Dept. of Education. Increase military spending, and scientific research.

One of two options I believe. If I'm going to get taxed up the a$$, which I probably always will, put the money to good use: cut Medicaid, Bush's SS plan was great, cut Welfare, get rid of highly inflated govt. pensions, get rid of the Dept. of Education. Increase military spending, and scientific research.

608032[/snapback]

I haven't got my invitation yet. Its probably still in the mail somewhere. :doh:

:):doh:

I love gray areas!  :doh:

In all seriousness, I guess I really don't fit with one particular party.

I'm a fan of science. Science can be proven, as we all know, Science SHOULD be taught in schools, and taught heavily. However, if you're going to teach Darwin, and evolution, isn't fair to explore all other avenues(religions, basic spirituality)?

To digress a bit...When I was in college, I took Bio 1&2. My Professor was a 75 year old nun. Probably the best teacher I have EVER had. She taught us about the big bang, and Darwin, and said she believed in that! I asked her how she possibly could being a nun and all, and her explanation was simple. She believed that everything layed somewhere in the middle. Evolution could be proven. The big bang, she believed, was created by God.

It was an interesting analysis, and one I never thought I'd hear a servent of God say.

608023[/snapback]

I'm not surprised at all. The catholic church has no objections to evolution. It is not a faith, thus evolution does not compete with other faiths nor place them in any kind of jeopardy.

One can teach all the religion they want, just not in science class. Evolution isn't a religion or another kind of spirituality. Its kind of like saying that if we are going to teach that 2+2=4 then "isn't it fair" to explore other avenues such as religion or faith. I don't see why teaching a scientific fact, any fact, must then be balanced by teaching faith in the same class. What is the connection? It is simple really. You can teach about faith but you can't preach your own in a public school and neither belongs in a science class.

I want a buildup of arms, and equipment. Also, new technology is extremely important.

A little PR would be good, too.  :lol:

608258[/snapback]

Ed, as a wedding gift, I'm going to splurge and get you a subscription to Defense News.

If you had to read about Pentagon acquisitions on a weekly basis from a truly unbiased source, you'd come to realize how utterly !@#$ed up DoD is, and how much they don't need a larger budget.

You might also come to realize how utterly and systemically (i.e. non-partisan) !@#$ed up Congress is as well.

Ed, as a wedding gift, I'm going to splurge and get you a subscription to Defense News.

If you had to read about Pentagon acquisitions on a weekly basis from a truly unbiased source, you'd come to realize how utterly !@#$ed up DoD is, and how much they don't need a larger budget. 

You might also come to realize how utterly and systemically (i.e. non-partisan)  !@#$ed up Congress is as well.

608330[/snapback]

Ya... You said that!

Now if they can redistribute the funds and throw a little towards operation and upkeep of our nation's infrastructure, bad things might not happen.

Oh well, I gotta get back to putting another layer of paint on things... If a peon like me can make things look pretty... That is all that matters.

:lol::lol: