The Billion dollar message

Follow the link to the whole report (pdf file).  The DoD stuff starts on page 23 (page 28 of the pdf file).  The whole report is 160 pages.

It's all itemized, and there's some pretty funny stuff.

Air Force

$16,000 for "Stars and Strikes" bowling promotion

$15,000 for embroidered golf towels

The Army spent $2.5 million getting out their Global War on Terror message (ie, message development and responding to issues raised by stakeholders and influencers...what's that all about?).

The Marines spent $133 million on recruiting advertizing.

It itemizes by contract with the specific ad agencies, so you can have multiple contracts for the same thing.

605851[/snapback]

What do you think the military should spend for recruitment efforts?

Uh Huh...

VERB Campaign

17 plus million to the CDC in one contract 20 million in another. 133 million in another.

We are going to point out Defense as a problem, but a nice touchy feely campaign to tell kids to get off their ass and away from the Nintendo is worth about 200 million?

What ever happened to parents? (What ever happened to kids, for that matter?)

I know the argument can be made that exercising can (and does) cut down on long term health costs (I agree with that), but just how many kids are going to get out and exercise because the government told them to?

Uh Huh...

VERB Campaign

17 plus million to the CDC in one contract 20 million in another. 133 million in another.

We are going to point out Defense as a problem, but a nice touchy feely campaign to tell kids to get off their ass and away from the Nintendo is worth about 200 million?

What ever happened to parents? (What ever happened to kids, for that matter?)

I know the argument can be made that exercising can (and does) cut down on long term health costs (I agree with that), but just how many kids are going to get out and exercise because the government told them to?

606004[/snapback]

I set the over/under at 5.

QUOTE(Johnny Coli @ Feb 17 2006, 02:52 PM)

UPDATE:

Rummy admits the terrorists are better at PR than the high-priced Manhattan crackpot firms he hired.

The terrorists of today are the marketing hotshots of tomorrow

Maybe he should hire their PR firm.

The New York Times?  CNN?

605946[/snapback]

:doh: