Culpepper on trading block?

Puhonix

Did anyone catch what really happened here? Daunte, representing himself, asked the Vikings to up his pay by $10 Million next year, bringing his total pay to $18M next season.

He is coming off an injury and is due a roster bonus of $7 Million in early March. There is no way that a team will trade for him if he doesn't pass his physical.

He is asking / making the Vikings to cut him so he can sign wherever he wants.

dont count out the raiders...Culpepper to Moss/Porter could the last stone to get the Raiders over the hump....well that and a real running back.  All depends on what they decide to do with Kerry Collins.

If the choice comes down to Miami and NYJ...I'm going to say Miami right now.  Saban has told Frerotte that he isn't going to be the starter last I heard and Culpepper would give Saban a Rohan Davey-esque QB to run his offense.  Plus Minn could use a running back and I'm sure Miami wouldnt mind being rid of Ricky Williams.  Thats my thoughts on it.  We'll see.

I'd been pressing the trade to Arizona for Culpepper, but since the cards resigned Warner, I dont see that happening now.

605309[/snapback]

'

The rumors I have heard have Culpepper going to DA R-A-I-D-E-R-S!

Just like all Al Davis to give up high draft picks for an under performing bum.

If the choice comes down to Miami and NYJ...I'm going to say Miami right now.  Saban has told Frerotte that he isn't going to be the starter last I heard and Culpepper would give Saban a Rohan Davey-esque QB to run his offense.  Plus Minn could use a running back and I'm sure Miami wouldnt mind being rid of Ricky Williams.  Thats my thoughts on it.  We'll see.

605309[/snapback]

Now, if I recall correctly, arent the Vikes full of RBs, I mean literally they've got to have 5 starters on their roster. Doesnt mean any of them are Ricky caliber, but still, I dont think they're hurting for another RB.

Miami, better, taller receivers.

Hey, would anyone here want Kerry Collins for a year a two to give JP more time to learn the ins and outs, if the Raiders get Dante?

Kerry looked pretty good in the one Raiders game I watched, when they beat up on the Bills.

He throws a GREAT deep ball.

40 yard plus bombs to Evans all night long!

604834[/snapback]

Will take Kerry Collins any day over Holcomb as our starter.....The Holcomb

experiment was another mistake in the series of mistakes TD made.....He created

a QB controversy when none need not have existed.......

Now, if I recall correctly, arent the Vikes full of RBs, I mean literally they've got to have 5 starters on their roster. Doesnt mean any of them are Ricky caliber, but still, I dont think they're hurting for another RB.

605530[/snapback]

Let me rephrase that then. they are in need of a running back capable of performing:

Rushing Statistics

NAME ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST

Mewelde Moore 155 662 4.3 33 1 1 1

Michael Bennett 126 473 3.8 61 3 4 3

Daunte Culpepper 24 147 6.1 18 1 1 0

Ciatrick Fason 32 62 1.9 15 4 0 0

anything there impress you? didnt think so

Neither Moore or Bennett strike me as workhorses out of the backfield and their past injuries are proof of that. That said, One of them in the trade to Miami for williams and a solid pick would be a deal that would benefit both clubs.

However, I still think Oakland is leading in the running for Culpepper at this point, but everything depends on what Al Davis does with Kerry Collins

Just in...Baltimore is now a potential suitor for Culpepper. there is speculation at the Baltimore Sun that the Ravens may tag Jamal Lewis and send him to Minnesota for Culpepper.

Reports out of Minneapolis state that the Vikes are looking for a 2nd round pick for Culpepper.

Culpepper's team in 2006 in order of probability:

1. Minn

2. Miami

3. Jets

4. Raiders

5. Baltimore

Was reading on Fox that the Vikes would part with him for a second round pick.  I like him in a Bill's unifrom.  Once he gets healthy that is.  Moulds , Evans, and Daunte could be sweet.  Wouldn't JP sh-- himself--lol

606847[/snapback]

You could not pay me to take him. He is a mess without Moss to throw the ball up too he looked like Rob Johnson this season.

Was reading on Fox that the Vikes would part with him for a second round pick.  I like him in a Bill's unifrom.  Once he gets healthy that is.  Moulds , Evans, and Daunte could be sweet.  Wouldn't JP sh-- himself--lol

606847[/snapback]

YEAH WE COULD REALLY USE A GUY THAT GOT SHOWN UP BADLY BY BRAD JOHNSON AND FORGO CHANCE TO GET A STUD O-LINEMAN W/ OUR 2ND ROUND PICK!!!!!!! M--O--R--O--N!!!

606847[/snapback]

The longer he plays, the more Culpepper seems to be exposing himself as a mental midget. He may have physical tools, but as we should all (hopefully) know by now, it takes more than that. If the Bills are going to be serious about getting a new starting, vetran QB, I would much prefer them wasting the money on someone like Brees, who has shown progression in his career, rather than regression. Both are coming off injuries. Brees, I believe will do what it takes to come back from his, not so sure about Culpepper. I used to like the guy, and feel kind of badly for him, with a-holes like Moss and Carter in his face every week, but he is running out of excuses...like RJ before him, and maybe Bledsoe, Culpepper is proving to be one of thos QB's who can be very good, if every other factor is perfect. That is likely not going to happen in Buffalo right away. We need a QB who can transcend the problems around him, and elevate the teams play, not play down to it.....

YEAH WE COULD REALLY USE A GUY THAT GOT SHOWN UP BADLY BY BRAD JOHNSON AND FORGO CHANCE TO GET A STUD O-LINEMAN W/ OUR 2ND ROUND PICK!!!!!!!  M--O--R--O--N!!!

606862[/snapback]

People who type in all caps should be banned for calling someone else a moron.

Nice to see ya around DCM!

The thing is, your question is redundant. How happy are you with the stiffs playing qb for you guys?  :devil:

606861[/snapback]

To be completely honest here.....I'd like to see the Fins draft a developmental type QB on the 1st day of the draft, and FORCE Gus to take a paycut to remain as the Dolphin starter for 06......

But....if Nick and the front office believe they have the players to make a playoff run and actually compete once in the playoffs, maybe they will opt to make a run at Drew Brees(a veteran, proven, young player) to solidify the QB spot and let the coaching staff focus their attention on other pressing needs on the team.

Here's my position on Gus Frerotte....definately NOT the long term answer at QB.....but a serviceable guy who has to concentrate on NOT losing games for his team. He had some good moments but he had his share of bad ones.....probably the same thing can be said for the majority of the starting QB's in the NFL. He knew Scott Linehan's offense and basically was given the starting job last year. This year, he won't have that advantage.

If the Fins do nothing to address the QB position during this off-season....I will be disappointed. Having said this....if Gus Frerotte is the starting QB entering the 06 season, I'll still be optimistic. I'm swimming in the Saban Kool-Aid!