Another upset in Olympic hockey

eball

While the Slovaks beat the Russkies yesterday, the Swiss followed that up by edging the Hasek-less Czechs this morning, 3-2.

The first result helps the US in Group B, and the second almost certainly secures the top two slots in Group A for Finland and Canada.

The Czechs outshot the Swiss 42-19, but Aebischer was strong.

US vs. Kazakhstan at 3 p.m. EST today...

While the Slovaks beat the Russkies yesterday, the Swiss followed that up by edging the Hasek-less Czechs this morning, 3-2.

The first result helps the US in Group B, and the second almost certainly secures the top two slots in Group A for Finland and Canada.

604684[/snapback]

Nice game by the Swiss. Great hustle, especially the goal where the Czech defenseman gave up on the play when th Swiss forward went to the ice, he bounced right up and scored.

604684[/snapback]

I can't imagine they'd be happy about losing to the Swiss. There must be some pretty cross Czechs today...

:D:):) I kill me...

I can't imagine they'd be happy about losing to the Swiss.  There must be some pretty cross Czechs today... 

:D  :)  :)  I kill me...

604766[/snapback]

No doubt. They continually found holes in the Swiss defense...