LOST 2.14 Discussion Thread

UConn James

I distinctly heard something that sounded like metal scraping metal, or gears turning a large piece of metal.

604817[/snapback]

Yeah, I thought there was some type of motion going on for sure. Besides the alarm of course. Something was moving.

Yeah, I thought there was some type of motion going on for sure. Besides the alarm of course. Something was moving.

604824[/snapback]

It sounded like a lockdown of the hatch was beginning, with something large spinning. I think something associated with the electromagnetic theory...

I agree in hearing something metallic/moving parts when the countdown hit zero.

Also, in the previews for the next ep (when?) claire found another hatch with a 3rd dharma logo on it? Is it safe to assume that all 6 hatches are on the island? I think so, and the entire dharma initiative, whatever it is, IS the island.

Sure looked like Kate. This is the time period where they had the video of Sayid being led in handcuffs that was playing in the recruiting office. I didn't recognize her 'father' but he's only had about 2 minutes of screen time and he was in the Kevlar helmet here. And so, we can establish this time period as 1991, which for some reason, despite all evidence showing this back in the What Kate Did ep, some people were contesting that it was 2003. It's now fact that Kate was on the run for more than 10 years!

604503[/snapback]

UConn, I'm not following your logic here, how does this equate to 1991? How could Kate's dad been both in the recruiting office in 1991 and in Iraq? Am I missing something? Please explain.

UConn, I'm not following your logic here, how does this equate to 1991?  How could Kate's dad been both in the recruiting office in 1991 and in Iraq?  Am I missing something?  Please explain.

604911[/snapback]

The flashbacks in this ep occurred in 1991, during the Allied/UN rebuffing of Saddam. Proven when the CIA guy said something about not going to Baghdad, but having driven Saddam out of Kuwait.

It could easily be that Kate's dad was there in '91 for a tour, then came back and the video was being played at that later date in the office.

The flashbacks in this ep occurred in 1991, during the Allied/UN rebuffing of Saddam. Proven when the CIA guy said something about not going to Baghdad, but having driven Saddam out of Kuwait.

It could easily be that Kate's dad was there in '91 for a tour, then came back and the video was being played at that later date in the office.

605069[/snapback]

I understand that these flashbacks occured near the end of Desert Storm. However, does that mean for sure:

1. the video of Sayid in handcuffs was from this capture in 1991?

2. Even if the video being shown in the recruiting office was from 1991, was it live? Or was it just something the Army was showing in the background? If it wasn't live, couldn't it have been 95, 99 or 2003 just as easily?

I understand that these flashbacks occured near the end of Desert Storm.  However, does that mean for sure:

1. the video of Sayid in handcuffs was from this capture in 1991?

2. Even if the video being shown in the recruiting office was from 1991, was it live?  Or was it just something the Army was showing in the background?  If it wasn't live, couldn't it have been 95, 99 or 2003 just as easily?

605102[/snapback]

The way to pinpoint it is the picture of Kate. When her father was looking at the picture in the humvee, she was at oldest 12 years old. Kate was at least 18 when she killed her real father. She has not been on the run since 1991 or even 10 years...it's not possible based on her age as established by this episode.

The video in the recruiting office does not help show how long Kate has been on the run for, it only showed us more about Sayid.

Found this on another board. Interesting. . .

Im going to show you all 7 fields of study that Dharma is currently working on and basicaly disect them .. So that you can see what's going on in this show..

The Hanso Foundation (Parent company of the Dharma Initiative) involved in:

1-Life Extension Project

2-Electromagnetic Initiative

3-Quest for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence

4-Mathematical Forcasting Institute

5-Cryogenics Development Institute

6-Juxtapositional Eugenics Development Institute

7-Accelerated Remote Viewing Training Facility

Life Extension is directed towards finding ways of slowing and halting aging, and possible repair of age-induced damage. Cryonics (different from Cryogenics-explained later) is one way to obtain this. Cryonic suspension is a non-standard medical technique for attempting to prevent the permanent cessation of life in individuals on the brink of death. It involves the use of low temperatures to halt the metabolic decay. UPLOADING is another way to extend life by transferring the mental structure and consciousness of a person to an external carrier (robot, dog, boar, or person, etc.).

First.. is

Life Extension is directed towards finding ways of slowing and halting aging, and possible repair of age-induced damage. Cryonics (different from Cryogenics-explained later) is one way to obtain this. Cryonic suspension is a non-standard medical technique for attempting to prevent the permanent cessation of life in individuals on the brink of death. It involves the use of low temperatures to halt the metabolic decay. UPLOADING is another way to extend life by transferring the mental structure and consciousness of a person to an external carrier (robot, dog, boar, or person, etc.).

A. This sugest that the Fog creature we see is a human mind programed into this robotic structure.. The Black Fog is the person's mind.. Which explains why it made a humanoid figure.. It's robotic body can project it's human self threw it's mind.. But who the hell is it!!!?? Gosh it's driving me insane.. My guess is Mr. Hanso took on his own project.. In reality he is a cripled old man.. Threw this Fog creature.. He is his youthful self again.. in reality .. he is hooked up to a table.. in Cryogenic state.. Im going to stop there.. im still constructing this thought.. This explains 7- Accelerated Remote Viewing

Before I explain any further.. Let me explain what may be accuring.. This is an island.. It is reality.. Everything is real.. Just not actualy life.. Im getting at a Matrix setting.. Where Our passangers are hooked up to a machene.. Which creates life in everyway.. The feel,the movment.. Life and death, Etc.. All you need to make life reality.. So basicaly our passangers are all in Cryogenic state in reality hooked up on a machene.. Which takes there mind off to this island to prep them for perfection and being rebuilt the Dharma way.... Which seems to be the day of the crash.. But it's the day they get programed in and start to wake up on this island.. Trying to wounder where they are and why.. Locke realizes this as a new life and chance to change.. natualy a computer has virus protection.. this Fog is exactly that.. A machene that knows the thoughts and minds of every body in this program.. If your faulty it takes you out and destroys you.. The Others are the program storing files.. they take you if your good into storage.. If your bad they leave you for the Virus scan to pick up and destroy.. Which explains 6-Juxtapositional Eugenics .. the Hatch serves as a reboot system a Program is set up to reboot every 108 mins to keep the system fresh... the numbers like i said are an IP address.. the program must know these numbers to reboot the system.. Im not to sure what happens when you don't reboot.. possably the virus scan picks you up as outdated data and deltes you.. Or "Corrects you" as it did the Others .. So everyone inside this hatch will be the only one's with knowlage of the outside world.. Everyone else will become part of the system.. Except Locke.. Im guessing he will either be part of the system or become the Neo of the Hatch..

Ok all this is still in the brain storming process.. But it makes sense at what im getting at..

To change the subject for a minute... is anyone else starting to hate Jack as much as I do?

605250[/snapback]

Actually i am considering changing my avatar. Jack needs to stop being such a B word and be a man fer chrissakes. I was all for sayid torturing Henry. Jack could have saved himself by not allowing locke to punch the numbers, but he pussed out of that too.

Before I explain any further.. Let me explain what may be accuring.. This is an island.. It is reality.. Everything is real.. Just not actualy life.. Im getting at a Matrix setting.. Where Our passangers are hooked up to a machene.. Which creates life in everyway.. The feel,the movment.. Life and death, Etc.. All you need to make life reality..

605137[/snapback]

I have heard this somewhere before - - -

Good news: We finally get to see what happened to Claire when she was abducted by Ethan, in the next episode, "Maternity Leave". :devil:

Bad news: We have to wait until March 1st to see it. :devil:

Worse news: After "Maternity Leave", there is no new episode of Lost until April! :devil:

Really? Oh, poop.

606793[/snapback]

My wife and I just started watching DVD's of season 1. (we didn't join in until the end of that season) It is the weirdest sensation going between this season and season 1. So much of it crosses over, you feel like you are watching the same season. Anywho, I guess we will be able to watch the rest of season 1 now.