New Subject?

If McCain goes to the Democratic party and becomes the '08 Candidate - is this Hillary's road into the White House (as VP)? Or, would she be enough of an anchor to cost him the sure win?

604201[/snapback]

I think if he switched parties that would be enough of an anchor to cost him the sure win by itself.

If McCain goes to the Democratic party and becomes the '08 Candidate - is this Hillary's road into the White House (as VP)? Or, would she be enough of an anchor to cost him the sure win?

604201[/snapback]

Has that even been floated as a possibility? And are they on good terms?

McCain is still pretty socially conservative and his platform on abortion is pretty far off from Hillary's. While it's certainly not the world's most important issue, to the media it is, and to the people each Senator would be looking to for support it would be difficult to swallow.

Did you hear Whittington ate a piece of toast for breakfast today?

What I want to know is...how come the White House didn't announce this?  The media had to find out through the damn hospital!  What's up with that?

604216[/snapback]

*sniff*

You're my hero, Tommy.

604201[/snapback]

If that ever happens...McCain better stay away from hunting trip offers from Hillary.....because the shot wouldnt be an accident

604201[/snapback]

McCain's only shot is to run as an Independent. His problem is that he cannot win over the staunch party-liners of either party. He is not Dem enough for the Dems and he has ticked off the Reps by siding with the Dems on occassion. He needs to play to the moderates in hopes that it will out-weigh the staunch party-liners. It would be a tough road for him, unless he can find a good moderate to be his VP candidate (Powell?).

That and to distance himself from Hillary. :doh:

604201[/snapback]

Are there some sort of rumblings that this might happen?

I might consider voting for him if he ran independently, but I can't imagine why he'd leave one bunch of yahoos just to involve himself with another bunch of yahoos.

It would probably only serve to convince me that he's just another yahoo.

I don't know, but he better not go hunting with Cheney.

Why not? Imagine all the free publicity.....

604201[/snapback]

No way McCain does that. Despite being labeled as a moderate, he's still far too right on social issues for the democrats to nominate him.

Also remember that the nomination process produces not the most moderate candidates, but the candidates who the hardcore partisan's want. That's gonna be Hillary if she runs.

No way McCain does that.  Despite being labeled as a moderate, he's still far too right on social issues for the democrats to nominate him.

Also remember that the nomination process produces not the most moderate candidates, but the candidates who the hardcore partisan's want.  That's gonna be Hillary if she runs.

604231[/snapback]

As I said earlier...I hope that cockroach wins the nomination. i want the full spotlight on her seedy past.

:doh:

McCain's only shot is to run as an Independent. His problem is that he cannot win over the staunch party-liners of either party. He is not Dem enough for the Dems and he has ticked off the Reps by siding with the Dems on occassion. He needs to play to the moderates in hopes that it will out-weigh the staunch party-liners. It would be a tough road for him, unless he can find a good moderate to be his VP candidate (Powell?).

That and to distance himself from Hillary.  :doh:

604221[/snapback]

Well said. If the national Dem mucky-mucks somehow turned and nominated him they might just as well drive a stake in themselves. Not only would their state and local people and solid Dem voters scream bloody murder about $$$ going to a polarizing turncoat, the GOP would have to spend peanuts on the national scene and could pump big $$$ to the local and state races. Their national office voter base would be very energized, as they say. - at small cost.

Thanks, Deb. Nice to see you too.

This was just some idle office conversation that came about while some people who are frequently at Capitol Hill were by the place on other business. I don't know how it got started. I don't follow politics very much, they were talking about McCain, and I was just wondering myself about the Hillary angle.

Unless something drastic happens, I don't see Hillary running on her own at this point. It's 2006. 2008 isn't that far out, and she hasn't been in the limelight much.

Or, does the DNC feel that because she's Hillary she doesn't need to be? If she were actually going to run - and that's been decided, I would think they would have her visibly leading the charge on more legislation and stuff.