Cottrell to retire?

kgun

Vikings | Cottrell to retire

Tue, 14 Feb 2006 05:52:07 -0800

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports former Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell revealed Monday, Feb. 13, that he has filed retirement papers with the NFL. "I don't want to retire," Cottrell, 58, said. "I'm being forced into retirement." Cottrell has been unable to land a job with an NFL team, despite 10 head coaching changes. "It's been a bizarre year," Cottrell said. "All these openings but no jobs. I've called some people and it's the same old story. 'We'll let you know if anything opens up.'"

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports former Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell revealed Monday, Feb. 13, that he has filed retirement papers with the NFL. "I don't want to retire," Cottrell, 58, said. "I'm being forced into retirement." Cottrell has been unable to land a job with an NFL team, despite 10 head coaching changes. "It's been a bizarre year," Cottrell said. "All these openings but no jobs. I've called some people and it's the same old story. 'We'll let you know if anything opens up.'"

602716[/snapback]

this is stunning.

I'd like to know if he was offered any position coaching jobs. Is he quitting because no one wants him as their head coach? Because no one wants him as their defensive coordinator?

Is he only willing to work for coordiator money?

That is too bad, I always liked him as a coach. The problem is that his defenses were never as good in NY or Minnesota as they were in Buffalo. It could be an issue with race, with age, or with both. Either way, I find it hard to believe that he wasn't able to find a job. Probably a case of him not finding another DC or am HC job.

Interesting. To go from a DC the past 8 years to nothing is strange.

"All these openings but no jobs. I've called some people and it's the same old story. 'We'll let you know if anything opens up.'"

It's because he's a Chocolate American. Actually, I'm surprised he's not getting a job with New Orleans since the mayor there is so gung-ho on making that city "chocolate" again.

If he were a White Chocolate American, he'd have a job right now.

Cotrell should forget about retiring and come back to coach the Bills linebackers. That's something he is pretty decent at. I just don't think he is a great coordinator and surely not head coach material. Regardless of the fact that, accoriding to my sources, he is rumored to be a Chocolate American.