Bears Player arrested for threatening cop

ACor58

You don't know the timeline of events, so you may just be wrong. 

Is it common to get arrested for double parking?  Shouldn't that just be a traffic ticket?

I'm not talking about threatening a cop, that apparently came after. I'm talking about what happened first - getting arrested and cuffed for illegal parking.

602133[/snapback]

oh comeon--you are being ridiculous.-im sure they were cuffing him for being double parked....get a grip on reality

Perhaps the officer asked for ID, ran it and found the probation. Considering his previous offense was having a loaded gun in his vehicle the officer probably attempted to do a pat down, or search the vehicle. If he wasn't cooperating it's resisting a police officer and at that point reasonable force is permitted.

As to why the cop would ID Johnson for double parking who knows. He might have been under the influence, or he might have been mouthing off. Perhaps the cop was profiling or he could have just been a racist. Whatever it is Johnson would have been much better off just listening.

It looks like they were giving him the ticket...then he started to mouth off.

February 12, 2006 - For the second time in less than a year Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson has been arrested outside a Chicago nightclub. The latest incident happened just before 4:00 Sunday morning on North Rush Street. Chicago police confirm Johnson was arrested and charged with aggravated battery to a police officer and resisting arrest.

Police say an officer was issuing Johnson a traffic citation for obstructing the roadway when they claim Johnson started to verbally threaten the officer. Police say when the officer tried to handcuff Johnson, he started to struggle with the officer.

Additional officers assisted in the arrest of Johnson. These are misdemeanor charges. Johnson posted bond and will appear in court on March 2, 2006.

In November, Johnson was sentenced to 18 months probation and 40 hours community service after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge. In that case, he was arrested after a nightclub valet reported seeing Johnson with a handgun in his sport utility vehicle.

Indeed. Most folks driving around at 3:45 AM on a Sunday morning aren't driving to church to sweep it up before services.

602693[/snapback]

Plus, people seem to be forgetting that he was in a limo! I doubt if he was driving it. He could have simply sat back, listened to the stereo, and had a few more drinks. :(

What a friggin loser.

Plus, people seem to be forgetting that he was in a limo! I doubt if he was driving it. He could have simply sat back, listened to the stereo, and had a few more drinks.  :(

What a friggin loser.

602709[/snapback]

Wow - I didn't realize that!

On the local front here, Maurice Clarrett was indicted for armed robbery last week.

And B'gals WR Chris Henry got another extension of his court date for his dope posession and expired license. I suspect his lawyers are trying to delay that until after he has to face a Florida court for his pistol brandishing down there - stolen gun, no less..

0:)