Bears Player arrested for threatening cop

ACor58

Bears player accused of threatening cop

February 13, 2006

BY GARY WISBY Staff Reporter

lready on probation for a weapons conviction, Chicago Bears defensive tackle Terry "Tank" Johnson was charged Sunday with aggravated assault and resisting arrest after allegedly threatening a police officer.

"You ain't the only one with a Glock," Johnson told the officer, according to Chicago Police. "If it wasn't for your gun and your badge, I'd kick your ass."

The threat was against an officer who was ticketing a limousine illegally double parked at 1045 N. Rush at 3:45 a.m. Sunday, said Lt. Joe Schmit of the Near North District. When the officer tried to arrest Johnson, the player allegedly refused to place his hands behind his back to be handcuffed.

A struggle ensued, ending after the officer sprayed Johnson with Mace and overpowered him with the help of other officers, Schmit said. Johnson was released on a signature bond. Attempts to reach him, his agent or his attorney Sunday were unsuccessful.

On Nov. 2, Johnson pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor after a loaded gun was found in his truck in Chicago. He received probation.

Not a good idea Tank.  football player versus cop is an away game on their field and the refs are definitely biased.  The correct answer is always "yessir, nosir, three bags full."

602097[/snapback]

Please tell me this kid did not come out of Miami! :D:lol:

Oh- thank God he came out of one of the other Florida schools. :o:o

Just kidding around guys. :D

I may be wrong, but I THINK that threatening the officer with a gun (in his car) and an "ass kicking" might have had something to do with it.

602125[/snapback]

You don't know the timeline of events, so you may just be wrong.

Is it common to get arrested for double parking? Shouldn't that just be a traffic ticket?

I'm not talking about threatening a cop, that apparently came after. I'm talking about what happened first - getting arrested and cuffed for illegal parking.

Stop adding-to your posts!

Is it common to get arrested for double parking?  Shouldn't that just be a traffic ticket?

I'm not talking about threatening a cop, that apparently came after. I'm talking about what happened first - getting arrested and cuffed for illegal parking.

Where does it say he was arrested and cuffed for illegal parking?

If the NFL was serious about getting rid of players who use drugs, situations like this would require a mandatory test.

Think about it....a millionaire was SO upset about his limo getting a measly little parking ticket, he decides to threaten to either shoot, or kick the ass of a uniformed police officer. It is hard for me to visualize a sober person doing this, especially one who already copped to a gun charge and works for an organization that at the very least pretends to care about this sort of behavior.

I hope is that in addition to the pepper spray, the cops got a few good head punches in and lumped him up. I also hope that he is suspended, and loses a huge amount of salary. Better yet, I hope that he blows out his knee, never plays another game, and loses everything.

Other than that, I wish him well.

Is it common to get arrested for double parking?  Shouldn't that just be a traffic ticket?

I'm not talking about threatening a cop, I'm talking about getting arrested and cuffed for illegal parking.

602133[/snapback]

One could assume, couldn't one, that the story is told as it unfolded? Or maybe the cop walked up to the limo, told Johnson to put his hands behind his back to get cuffed. Johnson was then maced, over powered by several officers, finally cuffed. At that point, Johnson had had enough, and said to the officer ""You ain't the only one with a Glock. If it wasn't for your gun and your badge, I'd kick your ass."

Makes perfect sense to me. :wacko:

Think about it....a millionaire was SO upset about his limo getting a measly little parking ticket, he decides to threaten to either shoot, or kick the ass of a uniformed police officer. It is hard for me to visualize a sober person doing this, especially one who already copped to a gun charge and works for an organization that at the very least pretends to care about this sort of behavior.

602142[/snapback]

THAT makes sense. Not how the original story had it.

None of us (I'm guessing) have any idea of how the deal went down. But, I have trouble believing that a cop would cuff a HUGE dude, for nothing other than double-parking. I mean he had to get help and use mace. Even if he were a crappy cop with a mean streak, having a bad day...he's have to be REALLY stupid to simply provoke a huge dude for a praking violation.

Until I get the facts, I'm guessing the threats happened BEFORE the handcuffs.

Really?  The girl usually doesn't start threatening me until after I handcuff her. 

"My boyfriend is going to kick your ass when he finds out about this!"

602222[/snapback]

:wacko:;)