Saw a good movie on DVD this weekend

The Poojer

i rented "the great raid".

it was ok....i liked the documentary portion at the beginning to give some background to what the movie was about.

seemed almost like a little low budget. it was a good rental but i think it could have been a lot better.

no none at all, just some pretty brutal fighting amongst "firms" which are organized "gangs"/fans of local london area football clubs. If even half of the stuff portrayed is accurate, it is pretty scary schmidt

Is there pointless female nudity?

601875[/snapback]

Green Street Hooligans, starring Elijah Wood, it was about an american going over to London and getting in with Soccer "hooligans", pretty intense non-major movie, if you see a copy I highly recommend it.

601837[/snapback]

Very cool, thanks for reminding me! I had seen that on a preview a couple months ago but forgot to add it to Netflix. I'm glad it's good....I'm definitely going to check it out.

Watched To Kill a Mocking Bird yesterday, with my 11 year old. The movie is still numbing, and I've seen it at least a dozen times. Pretty cool to sit with your eleven year old child and see how she reacted. A real positive experience, maybe more for me me than her.

Saw "Crash" on DVD this week.  Quite a flick.  Disturbing.

601987[/snapback]

What a movie that was, huh? I was riveted from start to finish.....

Watched To Kill a Mocking Bird yesterday, with my 11 year old.  The movie is still numbing, and I've seen it at least a dozen times.  Pretty cool to sit with your eleven year old child and see how she reacted.  A real positive experience, maybe more for me me than her.

601902[/snapback]

Yep...quite a movie.

BTW, "Scout" is the remaining cast member still living,

Wife and I rented two movies this weekend. Older ones. First was "The Interpreter". highly recommended by me, despite Sean Penn being the lead in it.

Other one was Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Despite poor ratings, the wife and I thought it a humorous look into the world of modern marraige...if a bit extreme. But funny, nonetheless.

We've been looking at an OSCAR month at the TBS.  Saw "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "Bridge on the River Kwai" (GREAT FLICK) and last night fell in love with The Sting all over again.  They don't make them like the old classics.

602049[/snapback]

I wish I'd spend more time with the classics...I've mentioned it a time or two on TBD in the past, but if you guys want a KILLER classic courtroom drama, check out "Witness for the Prosecution". It has Marlena Dietrich, Charles Laughton, and Tyrone Power. This thing was out in the late 50's, I believe....and I was just floored by it. It starts off a tad slow, but then it's like you just can't stop watching. Great, great flick.

I wish I'd spend more time with the classics...I've mentioned it a time or two on TBD in the past, but if you guys want a KILLER  classic courtroom drama, check out "Witness for the Prosecution". It has Marlena Dietrich, Charles Laughton, and Tyrone Power. This thing was out in the late 50's, I believe....and I was just floored by it. It starts off a tad slow, but then it's like you just can't stop watching. Great, great flick.

602073[/snapback]

Found a description on Turner Classic Movies. What's nice about TCM's webpage, is if they are going to show it, you can sign up to get an email reminder about a week before it will be on.

This is one I liked, Gabriel over the White House