Katrina Thing

Because he earlier stated that we should ID another company accused of accepting nobid contracts other than Halliburton. He named KBR as an example...at least that is what I understood what he used as an example. Duh, KBR is not another company, so what was the point other than to confuse?

602572[/snapback]

And perhaps they get the contracts because they are one of a very small number (two? three?) companies in the world that can handle such tasks of great magnitude, at least half way competently?

But I guess it's easier to delay the processes for 6 months for a bidding process, which HAL would probably win anyway. BTW, has anyone actually followed up on all the HAL horror stories of them overbilling the US? Or have we enshrined Waxman's accusations in 2004 as gospel?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And perhaps they get the contracts because they are one of a very small number (two? three?) companies in the world that can handle such tasks of great magnitude, at least half way competently?

But I guess it's easier to delay the processes for 6 months for a bidding process, which HAL would probably win anyway.  BTW, has anyone actually followed up on all the HAL horror stories of them overbilling the US?  Or have we enshrined Waxman's accusations in 2004 as gospel?

602702[/snapback]

Jeez, here we go again, they are the same company! Idiot.

Accuracy and brevity. I think it's pretty safe to say that anyone regularly posting here knows that, so I didn't feel it worth mentioning.

That said, KBR does it's own thing. Mother Ship Halliburton is primarily concerned with energy, mostly oil. KBR was purchased by HB, but operates generally independantly. The only reason folks scream "Halliburton" as a mantra is because of Cheney. I have yet to see the press, or the liberals attack Disney over ABC programming or the commentary of Joe Theisman. No one says "Disney Sucks" when refering to ESPN. When was the last time anyone blamed Philip Morris for a bad bag of Oreo cookies? It's the age of buyouts and mergers. One would be hard pressed to find many big players not owned or linked to someone else. That goes for the construction industry as well as the cookie industry. Look up Koch, or Gammon-Skanska.

602615[/snapback]

HB does get involved, read hearing transcripts from the Senate on the issue. Additionally, Lobbyists from both sure do and work DC really well, not that they had to, good excuse for a hunting trip though.

Jeez, here we go again, they are the same company! Idiot.

602739[/snapback]

Moron, I AM TALKING ABOUT Halliburton. It doesn't matter if you try to obfuscate matters by harping on BiB's ommission that KBR is a subsidiary of HAL, the point is that HAL is a convenient rallying cry for your ilk without taking into account the scope and complexity of the mission.

What difference does it make whether KBR is a subsidiary for you to raise the moron banner, yet again?

Moron, I AM TALKING ABOUT Halliburton.  It doesn't matter if you try to obfuscate matters by harping on BiB's ommission that KBR is a subsidiary of HAL, the point is that HAL is a convenient rallying cry for your ilk without taking into account the scope and complexity of the mission.

What difference does it make whether KBR is a subsidiary for you to raise the moron banner, yet again?

602756[/snapback]

Fine, then lets get it straight, Halliburton, KBR and all the rest the former Cheney led, still uninvested in, subsidairies are ripping off the American Tax Payers in Iraq, while supplying substandard services for exhorbitant prices. Why the justice dept is not investigating them is cynically obvious or at least JAG. But this is dispicable even by your hateful standards.

Now they are repeating the cycle in New Orleans, check out the last fraud reports down there. So get a grip, it is not a liberal thing, it is a competence thing you boob!

New Orleans and Halliburton is just more fodder for us lefties because as you rightwingers are so good at it is a symbol for all the imcompetence in this administration. A gift that seems to just keep giving.

New Orleans and Halliburton is just more fodder for us lefties because as you rightwingers are so good at it is a symbol for all the imcompetence in this administration. 

602851[/snapback]

Wow, that may be the single worst sentence in PPP history. Try to get your thoughts together before you start typing.

"New Orleans and Halliburton are more fodder for us lefties because they are symbols for all the incompetence in this administration."

I think that's what you were trying to say.

Fine, then lets get it straight, Halliburton, KBR and all the rest the former Cheney led, still uninvested in, subsidairies are ripping off the American Tax Payers in Iraq, while supplying substandard services for exhorbitant prices.  Why the justice dept is not investigating them is cynically obvious or at least JAG.  But this is dispicable even by your hateful standards.

Now they are repeating the cycle in New Orleans, check out the last fraud reports down there. So get a grip, it is not a liberal thing, it is a competence thing you boob!

New Orleans and Halliburton is just more fodder for us lefties because as you rightwingers are so good at it is a symbol for all the imcompetence in this administration.  A gift that seems to just keep giving.

602851[/snapback]

It took you 1/2 hour to come up with this gem of a response?

Well, let's take a quick visit to my site, and see what's the first thing that comes up in "fraud and New Orleans" - Lo and behold, not a single mention of the bedeviled HAL, but a lot of fingers pointed at the governmental organizations that you hold so sacred.

Meanwhile, HAL has been receiving bonus payments for performing work more efficiently than the stipulated contracts. Imagine that taxpayers are benefiting from good work at private companies.

What is it going to take for you to fly that moron flag at half staff?

It took you 1/2 hour to come up with this gem of a response?

Well, let's take a quick visit to my site, and see what's the first thing that comes up in "fraud and New Orleans" - Lo and behold, not a single mention of the bedeviled HAL, but a lot of fingers pointed at the governmental organizations that you hold so sacred.

Meanwhile, HAL has been receiving bonus payments for performing work more efficiently than the stipulated contracts.  Imagine that taxpayers are benefiting from good work at private companies.

What is it going to take for you to fly that moron flag at half staff?

602870[/snapback]

Foget about it. :(

Wow, that may be the single worst sentence in PPP history.  Try to get your thoughts together before you start typing.

"New Orleans and Halliburton are more fodder for us lefties because they are symbols for all the incompetence in this administration."

I think that's what you were trying to say.

602866[/snapback]

Yep a bit run on, get a little "vaclemt" when typing sometimes, but these neo-con moron idiots get me oh so!

Fine, then lets get it straight, Halliburton, KBR and all the rest the former Cheney led, still uninvested in, subsidairies are ripping off the American Tax Payers in Iraq, while supplying substandard services for exhorbitant prices. Why the justice dept is not investigating them is cynically obvious or at least JAG.

While Halliburton has pretty much run wild for fun and profit since the Iraq war began it wouldn't be fair to overlook another Republican/conservative campaign donor and contractor in Iraq with the unintentionally funny monicker of "Custer Battles".

Started by former Army Ranger Scott Custer and one time Republican congressional candidate Mike Battles (get it!) their trial starts soon:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/09/...in1302378.shtml