Macca Storms From Grammys

Rico

What a Chump

Sir Paul McCartney greeted losing out on the Best Album Grammy to U2 by storming out of the prestigious music ceremony.

The former Beatle decided he’d had enough of the show as soon as he heard his album Chaos And Creation In The Backyard had lost out to U2’s How To Dismantle An Atom Bomb – one of five gongs the Irish band picked up at the bash in Los Angeles last week.

The ageing star was watched by Fox News as he made a less than gracious exit in the middle of the ceremony, with their correspondent reporting, “After it was announced that U2 had won, McCartney got up and left with his very arrogant bodyguard.

“They weren’t very subtle about it either.”

How humiliating for Macca... first embarrasses himself on-stage & now this. :D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He sang a hiphop Yesterday with Jay Z :D  :D  :doh:

and was just horrible on 2 other songs, Helter Skelter was particularly weak.

601496[/snapback]

No. He sang Yesterday with Linkin Park. Jay-Z just went "Uh" and "yeah" in the background.

don't you find U2's music annoying.  Their old stuff was great, but the new U2, i can't stand.  McCartney on the other hand has a great sound that I find will never get old.

601596[/snapback]

I actually think the opposite. U2 has some (not all, not nearly all) good stuff lately, but McCartney is good when its his classic stuff, even some of his stuff with wings.

It is quite sad what a bitter man McCartney has become. Unfortunately, with all his fame, fortune and glory (not to mention Knighthood) heaped upon him from his days as a Beatle, he has seemingly become quite arrogent these days. A classic case of believing your hype, although he DEFINITELY has earned the right to be a bit self-centered. It is just a shame to see one of my musical idols cry like a spoiled child when he doesn't get things his way...