Cheney shoots hunter.....accidently

Thailog80

I think we can all be thankful for the wealth of new Dick Cheney nicknames and political cartoons this incident will fuel.  "Dead Eye Dick" for example.  I think that from now on any depiction of him in a cartoon should include an Elmer Fudd hat.

"QMD's" (quails of mass destruction).  I can't wait to see what professional comedians will do this one.

You have to admit, "Vice President Shoots Friend" is not the kind of headline you see everyday.

601748[/snapback]

I hope we don't see "Dead Eye Dick" or "QMD's", as those are pretty lame jokes.

But you're right, the cartoonists and comedians will have a field day with this. Who do you think will have the better Cheney joke tonight, Letterman or Leno?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha ha . Yuk it up libs. His friend is in the hospital.The guy was in SERIOUS condition, but is now  satifactory.

601790[/snapback]

I don't think it's funny, how would any of us feel if we accidently seriously hurt a friend. Unfortunately the White House has once again allowed a situation to become a major issue because of their lack of forthcoming with the public. If they didn't inform the public about this until after a local paper made it public, who knows what they would have done to cover it up if the person actually died.

Ha ha ha . Yuk it up libs. His friend is in the hospital.The guy was in SERIOUS condition, but is now  satifactory.

601790[/snapback]

*************************WARNING*******************************

You are off message. Please correct your message framing immediately.

The correct framing of this issue is:

1) It was a minor accident

2) All parties involved, ESPECIALLY HIS FRIEND, have since laughed it off.

3) The hospital visit was precautionary, standard procedure for the top leadership of your country.

3) Hunting with birdshot/shotguns often result in one or more members of the hunting party being "peppered". Being "peppered" with birdshot is a tough, manly, republican thing, not a liberal thing.

4) Liberals would never understand hunting.

Continued mis-construancies of the message may result in your blackballing as a liberal. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Your local GOP branch

*************************WARNING*******************************

Unfortunately the White House has once again allowed a situation to become a major issue because of their lack of forthcoming with the public.  If they didn't inform the public about this until after a local paper made it public, who knows what they would have done to cover it up if the person actually died.

602007[/snapback]

:D:o:lol::o

it's not like anyone at the newspaper uncovered the mystery of who shot Vince Foster or anything.

Unfortunately the White House has once again allowed a situation to become a major issue because of their lack of forthcoming with the public. 

602007[/snapback]

Yes, this certainly is a "major issue" that all Americans are struggling with today.

Hopefully they won't cancel Valentine's Day tomorrow.

:D

If they didn't inform the public about this until after a local paper made it public, who knows what they would have done to cover it up if the person actually died.

602007[/snapback]

Elvis would have flown down in his spaceship, gotten together with Batboy and Bigfoot and they would have disposed of the body. Shhhh...I can't say any more. They are coming to get me. :D

I don't think it's funny, how would any of us feel if we accidently seriously hurt a friend.  Unfortunately the White House has once again allowed a situation to become a major issue because of their lack of forthcoming with the public.  If they didn't inform the public about this until after a local paper made it public, who knows what they would have done to cover it up if the person actually died.

602007[/snapback]

While I agree that the White House could have mitigated political damage by being more forthcoming...I'm also failing to see why the White House should be required to be forthcoming about such a thing as this. Particularly when the political damage seems to stem from them not being forthcoming.

So the White House is in trouble because they didn't do something they weren't required to do? :wacko: That's as stupid a principle now as it was when Clinton was getting his pole waxed by a fat broad.