Question about Olympics

stevestojan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well

i despise the North of Italy, since i am from the south.  And Torino is a horrible place, very polluted and the home of a hated soccer team.

601483[/snapback]

huh? North Italy is beautiful, has very friendly people, excellent food and great wine. I dont know what hate means so I do not understand but I myself love Northern Italy

huh?  North Italy is beautiful, has very friendly people, excellent food and great wine.  I dont know what hate means so I do not understand but I myself love Northern Italy

601503[/snapback]

He mentioned Soccer, so Im guessing its like you from Buffalo hating me from Miami because of the Fins regardless of great seafood and sunny weather.

He mentioned Soccer, so Im guessing its like you from Buffalo hating me from Miami because of the Fins regardless of great seafood and sunny weather.

601507[/snapback]

its more the corruption

in the North, you have two Milan teams and one Torino team (juventus) that are controlled by the Mafia. Juventus is controlled by the owners of Ferrari, and the two Milan teams are controlled by Berlusconi and the other by Oil Millionaires (Moretti). They control the refs, the police and everything else.

Puhonix, i'm Napolitano.

its more the corruption

in the North, you have two Milan teams and one Torino team (juventus) that are controlled by the Mafia.  Juventus is controlled by the owners of Ferrari, and the two Milan teams are controlled by Berlusconi and the other by Oil Millionaires (Moretti).  They control the refs, the police and everything else. 

Puhonix, i'm Napolitano.

601510[/snapback]

oh I see. There is no mafia or corruption in Naples either

Cool, I forget that Sicilians hardly consider themselves Italian at all.

601516[/snapback]

True.

For what it's worth, I have never been more afraid for my life as when I was in Milan.

Lake Como is really pretty. Very, very cool place to be...

In Oz, it's been the same argument. Turin, which appears in the Australian version of the world (that's the map where the south pole is at the top so that Australia becomes up-over and not down-under...) is pronunced and advertised as Turino. I just don't remember the Greek Olympics here as the Olympics in Hellas? I am eagerly looking forward to how the Beijing Olympics are to be pronounced, let alone spelt. Does wingdings even have enough characters for the chinese language?

In Oz, it's been the same argument. Turin, which appears in the Australian version of the world (that's the map where the south pole is at the top so that Australia becomes up-over and not down-under...) is pronunced and advertised as Turino.

601534[/snapback]

Can we get pictures of this? I want to see a down under map.

In Oz, it's been the same argument. Turin, which appears in the Australian version of the world (that's the map where the south pole is at the top so that Australia becomes up-over and not down-under...) is pronunced and advertised as Turino. I just don't remember the Greek Olympics here as the Olympics in Hellas? I am eagerly looking forward to how the Beijing Olympics are to be pronounced, let alone spelt. Does wingdings even have enough characters for the chinese language?

601534[/snapback]

Yeah, the "Torino" stuff is ridiculous. It's fine I suppose to call a place by what the natives call it but at least be consistent. People are saying the Olympics are from Torino, Italy. Either call it Turin, Italy or Torino, Italia. Don't mix and match.

oh I see.  There is no mafia or corruption in Naples either

601512[/snapback]

lol

no at all :D

nah it's even worse in napoli. I just hate the north. There is not a more sick place in the world to live in than Napoli when it comes to industrialized countries. Just ask Furio.

Do you sniff the cap first, Beersnob? :lol:

yep, I only enjoy 1 or 2 beers when I drink :D  Try a Maximator, Chimay, Lambic, Duvel, Hoegaarden, Trappistes Rochefort, etc.  Oh I guess if there is not a commercial for it it must be an inferior beer

The USA is catching up with the rest of the world with wine, cheese and artisan bread but we still do not make good beer.  Best beer in America IMO is Anchor Steam

601465[/snapback]

What is your favorite hot pocket. :D

Typical beer snob comment "Oh I guess if there is not a commercial for it it must be an inferior beer"....

I'm not calling it inferior. Exactly the opposite, actually. I'm just saying, since I'm going to end up going out after I drink my 12 or 18, why would I pay a premium price if i LIKE the low cost, cold, tasty American and Canadian beers?

Plus, I'm assuming most of the beers you like that are not "commercial" beers are a bit thicker or darker, and I just personally don't like been that isn't a typical "American Light". Yes, I know. I'm a neanderthal... I enjoy light beer.

601469[/snapback]

yep, I only enjoy 1 or 2 beers when I drink :D   Try a Maximator, Chimay, Lambic, Duvel, Hoegaarden, Trappistes Rochefort, etc.  Oh I guess if there is not a commercial for it it must be an inferior beer

The USA is catching up with the rest of the world with wine, cheese and artisan bread but we still do not make good beer.  Best beer in America IMO is Anchor Steam

601465[/snapback]

Don't know about that Pete. I would probably be considered a "beer snob," but the U.S. definitely has some offerings you could put up against the premier offerings of other countries, especially in the hoppy categories.

Plus, when I get done with the yardwork in mid-July/August down here in 100 degree/95% humidity conditions, I'm not reaching for Chimay. Rocky Mountain refeshment it is!

yep, I only enjoy 1 or 2 beers when I drink :D  Try a Maximator, Chimay, Lambic, Duvel, Hoegaarden, Trappistes Rochefort, etc.  Oh I guess if there is not a commercial for it it must be an inferior beer

601465[/snapback]

Steam is good solid beer, IMO. But, I wouldn't be so down on American beers. IF you haven't tried them already (my guess is you probably have) try some of the beers from these two:

Three Floyds Brewing

http://www.threefloyds.com/

Rogue

http://www.rogue.com/

Also, Canada is home to one of the world's greatest brewers:

Unibroue

http://www.unibroue.com/english.cfm

Three Floyds Brewing

The Alpha King is outstanding.

Also, Canada is home to one of the world's greatest brewers:

Unibroue

I like every single beer they make. Particularly the Chambly, La Fin Du Monde and the Maudite. Trois Pistoles is also nice.

For those of you in Atlanta, I would also recommend Terrapin Brewery's Rye Ale, for nights on the deck/patio, or their Big Hoppy Monster for something with a little more bite. Sweetwater's Holiday offering is outstanding, one of the best beers I've ever had, but unfortunately is no longer available. Definitely look for it next year.

I like Atlanta Brewing Co.'s offerings on tap, but they seem off to me coming out of a bottle, particularly the Red Brick.