Like A Mofo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None In Tallahassee!!!

<ducks to avoid thrown snowballs>

601257[/snapback]

This snow is not good for snowballs- it wont pack. It is so light. I just shoveled and there is no weight to the snow. It is still dumping though and near whiteout conditions

NYC and Long Island are getting absolutely slammed.

Many people here act as if Buffalo/WNY is similar to the Arctic Tundra and that we live in the tropics.

Meanwhile, the roads on LI are barely, if at all passable, despite the astronomical tax bills. If my wife would agree, I would happily relocate to WNY as soon as she gave the OK.

The good news is that 2 of my daughters are home (the other is away at school :D ) . We have a fridge full of food and a full tank of oil.

Oh yeah....there is also that big supply of Corona Lights and a few limes for me. :D

NYC and Long Island are getting absolutely slammed.

Many people here act as if Buffalo/WNY is similar to the Arctic Tundra and that we live in the tropics.

Meanwhile, the roads on LI are barely, if at all passable, despite the astronomical tax bills. If my wife would agree, I would happily relocate to WNY as soon as she gave the OK.

The good news is that 2 of my daughters are home (the other is away at school  :( ) . We have a fridge full of food and a full tank of oil.

Oh yeah....there is also that big supply of Corona Lights and a few limes for me.  :D

601304[/snapback]

Maybe we can pour some Fed dollars into this equation? :doh::doh:

Don't tell me you heat with fuel oil? :D

I just watch the special on blizzards... Namely 1888... Funny how NYers seemed to be immune to the thing when it the upper plains... Not so fun for them that March though... :doh::lol:

I am glad things are changing 118 years later... They finally want to move out into the "frontier."

Good luck, and "tek" care!

;):doh:

We have about 12" of snow so far just north of Boston, but it's not supposed to stop until at least 5 this evening.

What's funny is that all the local stations have been on the air around the clock - we did not get the national morning shows (GMA, Today, etc.), we didn't get the Sunday political shows (Russert, Meet the Press, etc.), and now we aren't getting any sports (NBA game not being shown, nor is the Daytona qualifier. College hoops is on, but in a split screen with local weather coverage). You'd think it was the apocolypse here, and at most we are due 20". Come on people, this is Boston - we get 20" of snow in February once in awhile - it's not like it's raining frogs in July or the Rapture is upon us...