Need some protocol in a quick amount of time!

Corp000085

There's a viewing for our former guidance counselor in about two hours from now. Currently, i'm wearing my khaki pants and a gray sweater, with a dress shirt under it. This is what i wore to school today. I'm the only guy who is going from my school. Is this ok, or should i have the full suit for the viewing? It's at a funeral home, with the formal funeral being held tomorrow at a united methodist church. I'll be doing the black suit then, but should i wear it tonight too, or is what i described appropriate/non offensive?

edit: oh yeah, this is the first set of services i've attended since i was 8, so i do not have the previous knowledge of what to wear. Also, she was an upbeat person who died of cancer. She was very happy about being let go of the pain, so i'm thinking that a paul bearer-all black look is less appropriate than what i'm wearing now

It's fine. Unless you are helping with the greeting of people, then go. About the only thing that would be bad is short, ratty jeans, and a tshirt. But I would even so go if you hd nice jeans, a button up shirt or sweater and decent timberland shoes. But the khakis are more then acceptable.

It's fine.  Unless you are helping with the greeting of people, then go.  About the only thing that would be bad is short, ratty jeans, and a tshirt.  But I would even so go if you hd nice jeans, a button up shirt or sweater and decent timberland shoes.  But the khakis are more then acceptable.

600578[/snapback]

I figured that i'd be ok, but i didn't want to get there and be the only one wearing color. Looks like i don't have to change. I just always feel bad for the one token guy who's not dressed up to everyone else's level... I don't ever want to be that guy.