Can anyone explain this?

SDS

So, last night I was shopping for skates at HockeyMonkey.com from my home computer. I put 5 pairs of skates in my shopping cart, so that I could view them later.

This morning, I am at work and I wanted to put those same 5 skates in my cart, so that I could talk to a CS agent about them. Well, when I placed my 1st pair in my cart - up came the original 5 from last night! :pirate: WTF?

I have never ordered a piece of hockey equipment from them or anyone else in my life. I have never setup an account, nor given them any information about who I am. Yet, they were able to determine who I was across two machines from two separate locations? ;)

Is there a logical explanation for this that doesn't include the chip implanted in the back of my neck, or them lifting info off my computer seripticiously?

Did you get there today by typing in hockeymonkey.com and doing the search, or did you e-mail yourself a link to one of the pairs of skates?

600256[/snapback]

just typed it in (i.e. there was no session info in the URL). Nice guess though.

So, last night I was shopping for skates at HockeyMonkey.com from my home computer.  I put 5 pairs of skates in my shopping cart, so that I could view them later.

This morning, I am at work and I wanted to put those same 5 skates in my cart, so that I could talk to a CS agent about them.  Well, when I placed my 1st pair in my cart - up came the original 5 from last night! :pirate: WTF?

I have never ordered a piece of hockey equipment from them or anyone else in my life.  I have never setup an account, nor given them any information about who I am. Yet, they were able to determine who I was across two machines from two separate locations? ;)

Is there a logical explanation for this that doesn't include the chip implanted in the back of my neck, or them lifting info off my computer seripticiously?

600168[/snapback]

big brother is watching you :)

did you exit the original site? If not, it might remain open unless you exit and not just close.

If not.  Make a hat out of tin foil and wear it.

600290[/snapback]

the point was that it was from two different computers - home and work.

the point was that it was from two different computers - home and work.

600356[/snapback]

Is your Windows logon on both computers the same (e.g. ssarama)? If so, there might have been a ssarama@hockeymonkey.com cookie on both PCs.

I dunno. Just talking out my butt.

The IT team here at my office thinks the only possible way this would occur is if you are logged into another site that shares info (or a cookie) with hockeymonkey,com. Are you logged into your yahoo account at work? or amazon? etc.

The IT team here at my office thinks the only possible way this would occur is if you are logged into another site that shares info (or a cookie) with hockeymonkey,com.  Are you logged into your yahoo account at work?  or amazon?  etc.

600369[/snapback]

that's it... because of the GoBills! email list. I never knew Yahoo provided that info across stores.

Thanks to all!

that's it... because of the GoBills! email list.  I never knew Yahoo provided that info across stores.

Thanks to all!

600373[/snapback]

You'll be impressed to know the IT guys dismissed the whole situation until I offered up that possibility. They immediately jumped on that as the only possibility.

OK...maybe you won't be impressed. But, I was. :pirate: