Anyone watch the grammy's?

The Poojer

I only saw the opening and LOOOVVVVEEEDDDD  the gorillaz, I thought madonna looked fabulous from the neck down :lol: , thought Coldplay Blew!!!!

Any stand out performances?

599173[/snapback]

I could name some patently awful ones.

The one that surprised me was Christina Aguilera and Herbie Hancock, classing it up. Especially because Hancock wasn't really playing with her, just running circles and soloing around her vocals. She held her own pretty well, too.

she can belt it out. I hope some day she lets her vocals take center stage instead of her sexiness

I could name some patently awful ones.

The one that surprised me was Christina Aguilera and Herbie Hancock, classing it up.  Especially because Hancock wasn't really playing with her, just running circles and soloing around her vocals.  She held her own pretty well, too.

599189[/snapback]

I thought it was one of the best grammy show's I have ever seen ! Awesome performances from top to bottom.

Bruce Springsteen was great, Jayz's drumline gold digger thing was awesome, Paul McCartney

There was something there for everyone !

599319[/snapback]

The Gold Digger thing was Kanye West, actually....with some help from Jamie Foxx. I agree, though, I was entertained by it. You know, Jamie Foxx is one talented mofo....the guy is classically trained on the piano, has a helluva voice, can act, and does stand up comedy. That's pretty f'in impressive!

The Gold Digger thing was Kanye West, actually....with some help from Jamie Foxx. I agree, though, I was entertained by it. You know, Jamie Foxx is one talented mofo....the guy is classically trained on the piano, has a helluva voice, can act, and does stand up comedy. That's pretty f'in impressive!

599391[/snapback]

Marching band from FAMU, Tallahassee!

Oh, and if Gorillaz do all their concerts that way, I'm getting tickets, that wa pretty friggin sweet.

Oh, and if Gorillaz do all their concerts that way, I'm getting tickets, that wa pretty friggin sweet.

599406[/snapback]

Gorillaz is a stellar show. Check em out if you get a chance. I saw them play a show in Philly about four years ago and it was off the hook.

I saw something about Sly Stone (or someone doing a tribute to Sly) performing...and then walking off the stage in the middle of the performance.

I'm guessin' this wasn't part of the national TV show...but, not sure. Can any of you shed any light on this?

Thanks

I saw something about Sly Stone (or someone doing a tribute to Sly) performing...and then walking off the stage in the middle of the performance.  

I'm guessin' this wasn't part of the national TV show...but, not sure.  Can any of you shed any light on this?

Thanks

599414[/snapback]

Yes it was. It was F'in bizarre.

The guy comes out halfway through the tune with a blonde mohawk, silver cape and muscle shirt, bandaged hand, plays a keyboard that's way down in the mix, sings into two mics (one of which is pretty much inaudible).

He sings a few chorus lines, let's streetwalker-looking Ciara, grandpa Steven Tyler with colonially attired Joe Perry, some forgettable American Idols, and "I'm white but wish I wasn't" Joss Stone cover the whole song to middling effect.

He waves with an "I'm outta here" look, leaves, and the band continues to vamp for about 2 minutes as it appears they are hoping he will return for another round of applause. He doesn't.

Never clear if they were going to give him an award or what, exactly. It was pretty clear Sly had either just busted out of the asylum or just assaulted his case worker. At least we have his music to remember.

This was by far one of the stranger Grammy moments, ranking right up there with "Stevie, can you see us?"

Yes it was.  It was F'in bizarre. 

The guy comes out halfway through the tune with a blonde mohawk, silver cape and muscle shirt, bandaged hand, plays a keyboard that's way down in the mix, sings into two mics (one of which is pretty much inaudible). 

He sings a few chorus lines, let's streetwalker-looking Ciara, grandpa Steven Tyler with colonially attired Joe Perry, some forgettable American Idols, and "I'm white but wish I wasn't" Joss Stone cover the whole song to middling effect. 

He waves with an "I'm outta here" look, leaves, and the band continues to vamp for about 2 minutes as it appears they are hoping he will return for another round of applause.  He doesn't.

Never clear if they were going to give him an award or what, exactly.  It was pretty clear Sly had either just busted out of the asylum or just assaulted his case worker.  At least we have his music to remember.

This was by far one of the stranger Grammy moments, ranking right up there with "Stevie, can you see us?"

599520[/snapback]

Wow...nice account. Thanks. I was always a big Sly fan...bit, I hear he's gone round the bend, as they say.

As for Joss Stone. The girl has talent and taste. Alas, i think she's about to become one of the HUGE sellouts of all time. A shame, really.

SHOCK: 'IDOL' AMATEURS BEAT 'GRAMMY' PROS IN RATINGS

Thu Feb 09 2006 09:01:52 ET

How 100+ wannabes Outrated Madonna, U2, Kanye

The music business suffered another embarrassment Wednesday night -- when AMERICAN IDOL's Hollywood cattle call drew a larger audience than THE GRAMMY AWARDS!

The amateur pop contest was easily the top-rated show of the night, NIELSEN claimed, with a 17.4 rating/26 share to GRAMMY's 12.3 rating/19 share.

In direct competition at 8 pm ET, IDOL hit 27 share to GRAMMY's 16 share.

[The industry's top music awards slipped from 2005 levels [12.3/19 vs. 13.2/20] early numbers show.]

With IDOL, FOX won the night over CBS: 12.7 rating/18 share to 12.5/18.

Developing...

The music business suffered another embarrassment Wednesday night -- when AMERICAN IDOL's Hollywood cattle call drew a larger audience than THE GRAMMY AWARDS!

The amateur pop contest was easily the top-rated show of the night, NIELSEN claimed, with a 17.4 rating/26 share to GRAMMY's 12.3 rating/19 share.

[The industry's top music awards slipped from 2005 levels [12.3/19 vs. 13.2/20] early numbers show.]

Developing...

599537[/snapback]

Thanks for making my point clearer.

Developing...

599537[/snapback]

I'm always surprised that people watch EITHER one of these crapfests.