For you real estate buffs out there

...or anyone.

Go to:

http://www.zillow.com

You can enter any address, including your own.

It will give you detailed information about the property, as well as links to adjacent properties on a map.

There still are some bugs (it doesn't read certain street names accurately) but it seems to work most of the time.

Not really updated, either that or Im in serious trouble, according to that site, my house is worth 2,300 dollars, I'm using this as a resource when I go for a tax reassesment, how dare they tax me 12K a year on a 2K dollar house!

Not really updated, either that or Im in serious trouble, according to that site, my house is worth 2,300 dollars, I'm using this as a resource when I go for a tax reassesment, how dare they tax me 12K a year on a 2K dollar house!

599175[/snapback]

You blowed 'em up. I tried the link and it says "Zillow at rest, we'll be back online as soon as we're ready."

599175[/snapback]

Guff, you really have a 12k tax bill??? Holy schmoley, thats a lot, you live in the Taj Mahal or something!!!!!

Guff, you really have a 12k tax bill??? Holy schmoley, thats a lot, you live in the Taj Mahal or something!!!!!

599242[/snapback]

nope no Taj majal, more middle class than Ward Cleavers house. Site is probably loading old data

What's really flawed is Buffalo's property taxes being assessed on current value as opposed to purchase price as other cities do. Certainly not good for real estate sales. But par for the course for overtaxed New York State.

Bamboozled. Hoodwinked.

What's really flawed is Buffalo's property taxes being assessed on current value as opposed to purchase price as other cities do.  Certainly not good for real estate sales.  But par for the course for overtaxed New York State.

Bamboozled.  Hoodwinked.

599472[/snapback]

What is absolutely flabbergasting to me is that my parents' old house in the Buffalo suburbs (where I grew up) has a value of $47,000 and property taxes of $2,900. :lol: