P. Rivers to the Jets????

col_forbin

The Chargers trading for John Abraham makes absolutly zero sense for them. 

598590[/snapback]

FWIW, I have heard some "insiders" (I know, I know) say that there are those inside the Charger organization who think Rivers has "bust" written all over him...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All show?  How do you know that?  Rivers was one of the best college QB's I have ever seen.  And he ripped up the Senior Bowl while our boy JP was throwing balls into the turf.

598629[/snapback]

You are right! One of the Best COLLEGE QB's you have ever seen. As far as him being a PRO QB he hasn't got a pray with a chicken arm like he has.

I just pray some team allows him to be a starter. He will be just as good as all those Florida St QB's who have been so successful. What a joke he is.

FWIW, I have heard some "insiders" (I know, I know) say that there are those inside the Charger organization who think Rivers has "bust" written all over him...

598761[/snapback]

bust , a girl in side a mans body ??

Brad Johnson has been fine and Weinke is a decent backup.  Ward played hoops.  Who exactly has FSU produced that was touted so heavily and bombed?

598856[/snapback]

Excuse me but they all were some of the best college QB's that you have ever seen. And what part of the Draft were they drafted in?

Rivers will be no better then they are or were. His father did a good job of teaching this kid how to fool the scouts and they fell for it. You are correct Rivers will be an excellent backup QB in the NFL.

I'm just not sure that means that he should have been the first pick of the draft. Crazy me! I think a backup QB should be picked on the second day of the draft. :lol::lol:

1. Drew Brees is coming off a bad shoulder injury.  In the event he doesnt come back to form I doubt AJ Smith would want to trade away the guy they picked 1st overall.

2.  Steve Foley has been a fairly productive player for the Chargers, with 14.5 sacks the last 2 years.  10 in 2004... 4.5 this past season. 

3.  John Abraham hasn't played as a stand up backer since his college days.  I'm sure he could make the transition, but he's better suited to be a 4-3 de.

4.  Not to mention the Chargers have Shawn Merriman they dont need to throw a bunch of money at abraham when they have more pressing needs in the secondary.

598590[/snapback]

1. Drew Brees is coming off a bad shoulder injury.  In the event he doesnt come back to form I doubt AJ Smith would want to trade away the guy they picked 1st overall.

2.  Steve Foley has been a fairly productive player for the Chargers, with 14.5 sacks the last 2 years.  10 in 2004... 4.5 this past season. 

3.  John Abraham hasn't played as a stand up backer since his college days.  I'm sure he could make the transition, but he's better suited to be a 4-3 de.

4.  Not to mention the Chargers have Shawn Merriman they dont need to throw a bunch of money at abraham when they have more pressing needs in the secondary.

598590[/snapback]

Great post Kraze. Once again, on the money.

598761[/snapback]

Not a word (or rumor) of this anywhere near Mission Valley

Brees is still a UFA and reportedly recovering well from his surgery

After seeing his performance in the season ender, even though it wasn't ideal conditions, Rivers showed NOTHING to make anyone think he'll be all that good. Now he might turn out to be, but he hasn't shown it yet, and just because he was good in college and a high 1st round pick, that doesn't guarantee anything. Caveat emptor.

599021[/snapback]

Thank you for bringing something useful to the Wall, Mr. Lamb. Where ya been?

Excuse me but they all were some of the best college QB's that you have ever seen.  And what part of the Draft were they drafted in?

Rivers will be no better then they are or were.  His father did a good job of teaching this kid how to fool the scouts and they fell for it.  You are correct Rivers will be an excellent backup QB in the NFL.

I'm just not sure that means that he should have been the first pick of the draft. Crazy me! I think a backup QB should be picked on the second day of the draft.  :lol:  :lol:

598873[/snapback]

Rivers wasn't the first pick in the draft. Eli Manning was.

I'm not saying that he's a guaranteed success in the pros. But how many games has he played? As far as I know, ONE start. We'll see what happens with him.

Rivers wasn't the first pick in the draft.  Eli Manning was.

I'm not saying that he's a guaranteed success in the pros.  But how many games has he played? As far as I know, ONE start.  We'll see what happens with him.

599131[/snapback]

they couldnt even make the playoffs with brees last year and 2 years ago when they did they were a complete flop. what qb wouldnt look good with hand-offs to tomlinson and throws to gates? if SD finds a team dumb enough to give up good value for brees they should jump on it. and if jets really add a second QB with shoulder problems they are certainly dumb.

I'm just not sure that means that he should have been the first pick of the draft. Crazy me! I think a backup QB should be picked on the second day of the draft.  :lol:  :lol:

598873[/snapback]

Rivers was selected 4th overall by the Giants. Then the Giants traded Rivers and a bunch of picks to the Chargers for Eli Manning; the first overall pick that year.

Excuse me but they all were some of the best college QB's that you have ever seen.  And what part of the Draft were they drafted in?

Rivers will be no better then they are or were.  His father did a good job of teaching this kid how to fool the scouts and they fell for it.  You are correct Rivers will be an excellent backup QB in the NFL.

598873[/snapback]

And you are comparing Rivers to FSU QB's because? In case oyu were living under a rock, Rivers cae out of NC State, so i dont know where the hell this sudden FSU comparison came from.

And as stated, who was the last FSU QB to be highly regarded as a cant miss QB prospect? Hmmmm, i dont remember either, because there havent been any in the past while.

Johnson was a 7th round pick and Weinke went in the 2nd or 3rd round (I believe). None of those guys were 1st round picks. Johnson has had a great career for a 7th rounder. So, I'm really not sure who you are talking about with regards to FSU QBs.

And you are comparing Rivers to FSU QB's because? In case oyu were living under a rock, Rivers cae out of NC State, so i dont know where the hell this sudden FSU comparison came from.

And as stated, who was the last FSU QB to be highly regarded as a cant miss QB prospect? Hmmmm, i dont remember either, because there havent been any in the past while.

599278[/snapback]

Some of you guys don't read very well. I know what school Rivers came from you *##&*T.

That is not the friggin point. Read the friggin post. Start from the beginning.

He said that Rivers was one of the best COLLEGE QB's he had ever seen.

I use the comparison about other GOOD COLLEGE QB's . I happen to use FSU as an example of good college QB's that people have ever seen and how that relates to how well a player will do or won't do in the NFL.

I'm so sick and tired of people missing the point about an aurgument and talking about something that has nothing to do with the original post.

Read the frigggin post. Who cares about FSU alumni crap. That's not what the post is about.

Some of you guys don't read very well. I know what school Rivers came from you *##&*T.

That is not the friggin point.  Read the friggin post. Start from the beginning.

He said that Rivers was one of the best COLLEGE QB's he had ever seen.

I use the comparison about other GOOD COLLEGE QB's . I happen to use FSU as an example of good college QB's that people have ever seen and how that relates to how well a player will do or won't do in the NFL.

I'm so sick and tired of people missing the point about an aurgument and talking about something that has nothing to do with the original post.

Read the frigggin post.  Who cares about FSU alumni crap. That's not what the post is about.

599337[/snapback]

Using Florida QBs may have gotten you further here.

599021[/snapback]

During the final week of the football season, JT THE BRICK (Fox Sports Radio) had a few "insiders" on for a panel discussion (Landrey, Howard Balser and maybe Rich Eisen?), about what teams who had fialed to make the playoffs needed to do, to get better.

JT braught up Rivers. He (JT) works for the Raiders radio broadcast team, and said that he had heard some "whispers" out of San Diego that Rivers stock was falling with the Chargers internally. I think he mentioned that Rivers had some fundamental problems that he seemed to be having difficulty overcoming. Also mentioned that he wasn't real happy in San Diego, and was developing a bit of an attitude.

I think it was Balser who had confirmed that he heard some of the same things. He also added that it is a lot easier to see fault with your second string QB, when your first stringer is Drew Brees.