Interesting article.

This is the first I've heard of these tapes. Thoughts?

http://www.nysun.com/article/27110

598254[/snapback]

this is what I've been thinking. No way Saddam kept them in Iraq, because doing so would have immediately legitimatized the invasion...and that's the last thing he wanted. So, giving up his priceless weapons to Syria made a LOT of sense. He felt he could hide out indefinitely, and hoped that the war would be so bloody against the Americans that we'd withdraw before he would come out of hiding.

this is what I've been thinking. No way Saddam kept them in Iraq, because doing so would have immediately legitimatized the invasion...and that's the last thing he wanted. So, giving up his priceless weapons to Syria made a LOT of sense. He felt he could hide out indefinitely, and hoped that the war would be so bloody against the Americans that we'd withdraw before he would come out of hiding.

598273[/snapback]

Coretta S. King knows where they are. :(

I guess on the 17th we'll hear more.

Keep grasping at straws hoping for justification for an unnecessary war.  Maybe they can convince Colin Powell to come back and present them to the U.N., he's used to being used as a mouthpiece for bad information.

598490[/snapback]

Only an utter IDIOT would think that Hussein didn't have the WMD pre-war.

Only an utter IDIOT would think that Hussein didn't have the WMD pre-war.

598493[/snapback]

No, he destroyed them and just didn't bother to document it for the inspectors. Of course we should take him at his word being the trustworthy individual that he is.

http://www.intelligencesummit.org/about.php

Welcome to the International Intelligence Summitsm, a non-partisan, non-profit, neutral forum that uses private charitable funds to bring together for the first time the intelligence agencies of the free world and the emerging democracies. The purpose of The Summit is to provide an opportunity for the international intelligence community to listen to and learn from each other, and to share ideas in the common war against terrorism. The Summit's Advisory Council includes former Directors of CIA, Generals, a former senior officer of the Mossad, and the former Chair of British Joint Intelligence Committee.